Duncan's 55 gallon FOWLR (soon to be reef)

Lol figured out why I couldn't find my pictures, they overflowed into a new page in the SD card memory. Durr.

My Mandarin came out and I luckily had my camera out:
ImportedPhotos00041.jpg

And check out the growth on this acro, radial growth of course:
ImportedPhotos00040.jpg

Kind of hard to see, but most of that has grown just this week. It seems like now that it's started to encrust, it's growing like crazy. The first 2 months or so I think it was just getting used to my parameters and hadn't really done anything.

I feel super lucky to be such a noob and have such good success with an SPS :D

Figured I'd post some of my new growth and the few frags I've picked up over the last few weeks.

FTS, complete with intrusive finger coral:
FTS.jpg

Ricordea Frenzy!:
Rics.jpg

El Shrimpo:
Shrimpy.jpg

Acro, still growing rapidly:
AcroporaFeb2010.jpg

Picked up a frag of Xenia, even though it may not do so well in my zero nitrate/phosphate tank. I just couldn't resist the pulsing. Oh, and Acans that havn't grown a millimeter since I got them in October:
XeniaAcans.jpg

And my zoos, still growing insanely fast, the colony has at least tripled since the last photo, which was like 4 or 5 weeks ago
ZoosFeb2010.jpg

Everything looks so much smaller in a photo, it's weird.

Good looking additions there. Solar, is that white PVC pipe in your tank the DIY overflow you made? I'm looking into making one tonight or tomorrow.

Great looking additions.
Have you tryed target feeding those Acans?That might get them to growing a little quicker.

Yup, tried everything. Just havn't gotten any growth. I've moved them around quite a bit too and that seems like the best spot for them. Do acans usually grow fast enough that I would notice? Actually none of my LPS really grows as well as my softies or SPS.

Good looking additions there. Solar, is that white PVC pipe in your tank the DIY overflow you made? I'm looking into making one tonight or tomorrow.

Yup, mines 1" PVC but it only gets like 500-600 gph. So you might wanna go at least 1".

Yup, tried everything. Just havn't gotten any growth. I've moved them around quite a bit too and that seems like the best spot for them. Do acans usually grow fast enough that I would notice? Actually none of my LPS really grows as well as my softies or SPS.

Yup, mines 1" PVC but it only gets like 500-600 gph. So you might wanna go at least 1".

Thanks, well it is a 10g sump and my return is /fail the return cannot keep up with my 1/2'' on a normal suction...I guess it is only a few bucks either way I can test it....can you post a picture of it if you had one during the build, or maybe a closeup of it on the tank? I would appreciate it a ton!

Softies will grow faster than LPS.
Thats how most softies compete for space.They grow grow faster than corals with a calcium carbonate skeleton.

Here's some May 2010 pics. Havn't gotten much as far as new corals, but I am getting growth.

FTS and side shot, see how big that eagle eye colony is now just since last time? It's crazy.

FTSMay2010.jpg

Sideshot.jpg

New bubble coral:

BubblecoralMay2010.jpg

Mandarin. Along with one of the many small colonies of red shrooms that keep sprouting out of nowhere:

Mandarin.jpg

These are OG corals of my tank, first ones I got. This leather is IMMENSE now and these ugly brown zoos are multiplying a lot:

OGcoralsMay2010.jpg

My Dwarf Lion, Boris. As well as one of my poccileporas and the T. Maxima:

BorisGeraldandPocilleporaMay2010.jpg

And now for the updates on my big SPS purchase a few months or so ago. They're all getting pretty beefy even though I've been kind of lazy about keeping up with calcium until recently. That stupid Hydnophora got knocked off by a snail awhile ago and fell onto my Acan frag and a ricordea and destroyed them both overnight. You guys weren't kidding when you said Hydnos were toxic! But I just ended up wedging it somewhere that it couldn't fall and harm anything so it hasn't really grown. Other than that though, here's some SPS pics:

MontiDigiandBirdsnestMay2010.jpg

MonticapandpocilleporaMay2010.jpg

PurpleFuzzyacroMay2010.jpg

Tri-ColoracroMay2010.jpg

Hope I didn't overload you guys with pics :D

good looking tank! Whats your live stock in there? ( excluding corals)

Fish:
2 black occelaris clowns
zebra dwarf lionfish
Mandarin Dragonette
Yellow-eye Kole Tang

Inverts:
Tridacna Maxima clam
Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
about 10 huge Zebra Turbo Snails
about 20 Nassarius snails
a few Ceriths
Hundreds of those hitchhiking Liverock snails
Infinite Bristleworms lol

Soft Corals:
Toadstool Leather
Gorilla Nipple Zoanthids
Eagle Eye Zoanthids
3 Florida Ricordeas
Red Mushrooms
Xenia
3 Colt Corals

LPS:
Bubble Coral
Branching Hammer

SPS:
Purple Fuzzy Acropora
Tri-Color Acropora
Birdsnest
Orange Montipora Digitata
Purple Montipora Capricornis
Hydnophora
Neon Green Pocillapora
Pink Pocillapora

Although this thread is old and long forgotten... I come bearing pics!

I got new Phoenix 14k bulbs now and they look pretty badass. I think they'll be more blue once they burn in a little more though.

FTS

FTSAugust2010.jpg

Some side shots

SideshotBoris.jpg

Sideshotbzzt.jpg

GSP and stuff..
TangGSPetc.jpg

Acans etc..
Acansandshit.jpg

SPS, which has grown significiantly since May. By my standards at least

SPSandshit.jpg

Yeah... I'm a pic whore.