Fast's Frag Tanks

Feeding the guard of the tank!

IMG_4188.jpg

IMG_3961.jpg

this one! ohh then he's charging wayy over, or his is a bigger model, where did you order yours from? and how do you like it?

Depends on the model. I have the QQ. I like it. Not sure where you are shopping, but you should go to So Cal Tropical in Fullerton for all your dry goods. My Skimmer was 109.00, but paying cash knocked 20% off.

depending on how much you wanted PP.. ~5 ? or soo let me know how much you want PP and i will let you know forsure

Okay, so the last week I have been concentrating on the frag tanks. I really need to get my DT cleaned up and keep my hands out of it.

Here is a shot of the new one, up and running in the garage.
IMG_4094.jpg

The light fixture I fabricated. 2 Par 38 bulbs mounted through Plexi. I used an old T.V. wall mount and turned it upside down, drilled some mounting holes, and now it swings out of the way when I need it to.
IMG_4093.jpg

The 24 JBJ in my kitchen that was originally going to be a zoa garden, is now going to be frag tank number 2.
IMG_4097.jpg

And here is the light I picked up yesterday from Rapid LED. It is a custom hood, 12 white, 6Royal Blue, and 6 blue, with 3 cooling fans all mounted in the original JBJ hood.
IMG_4096.jpg

IMG_4089.jpg

Now all that is left is making a few more frag racks, and getting them filled.

those par 38 bulbs , are those just regular flood light bulbs?

Finally moved the 24 into the garage and set up next to the first frag tank. Going to let it run and clear for a few days before I test it, and do a water change on it. Then will get the racks built and get something in it.

IMG_4258.jpg

IMG_4260.jpg

Also, took the lone little clown, and forced him on the female in the frag tank, just so she has a little company.

IMG_4261.jpg

Have not decided yet. It has plenty of flow with the 2 K2's in there so I could easily go all SPS, but the LED set up is 10K so that is a little white for my tastes.

Last edited:
Back