Fish are acting strange?

ReefWannabe

Reefing newb
Ok so, since yesterday my fish have been acting strange... I have 2 clarkii clowns, and a combtooth blenny. The blenny is same as always. But my clowns are being odd. Like one of them keeps going to the front of the tank over some shells in one specific spot and kinda hovers for a few seconds then leaves. They are also really active swimming all over the tank, in and out of caves and holes. And they seem to be swimming a little weird also. I know they swim weird anywyas since their clarkiis, but they seem to be doing the wiggle alot faster now.

Ive had the clarkiis for a few months now. the blenny for about a month. The only thing thats changed, is I bought 1 snail lol. Does this seem odd? Ive never seen them act this way until now.

Just a guess maybe they are spawning.How is the tempature the same or increased do to the warm weather? Also do have good flow through out the tank,so there is no lack of oxygen?

I dont know do they get more active during spawning? Mine are usually pretty lazy and stick a 1 side of the tank. I have plenty of flow. A bit over 1200 gph in a 55 gallon, not including the hangonback filter. I have a skimmer also. There alwyas bubbles in the tank.

The weather hasnt done anything. The tank varies from 77.9 at night---> to 78.8 during the day Its been this way for a long time now.

ive been working on the bubbles since I started it lol. No luck yet. I may try something diferent tomorrow though.

As far as their behaviour. Ive been told on reefcentral, that this is normal pairing/prespawning behaviour. They been biting at the rocks, and one rubs his face downward on the rock after he bites at it. Some clownfish guy told me he is cleaning the area and preparing for the spawn. So hopefully this is true. I may try to raise some one-day, but not any time soon.

Back