Frozen flat pack questions

recliner

Reefing newb
I've been feeding flake food and the frozen omega one gel cubes since i got my tank back in september. My fish dont seem to go for the gel cubes and it mostly just feeds my lobster, serpent star, and cuc. I saw someone feed frozen mysis in their tank and there was a huge difference!
I found a place that has great prices on 16oz frozen flat packs and wanted advice first before ordering.
Hikari : Affordable Aquatic Supplies LLC
They charge $24.99 shipping no matter how much you buy. I have a chest freezer to keep it all in with plenty of room so I was thinking of getting a total of 25 pounds. Mostly mysis but some brine, blood worms, and krill.
Is hikari a good brand? It's way cheaper then others.
Are there any issues with ordering 1-2 years worth at one time?
What's the difference between brine shrimp and Spirulina brine shrimp?

There is nowhere local to buy from?
I would just be worried about having a power failure and all that food going bad. You also don't know what can happen and having 2 years worth of food could be a poor investment so to speak.

The local places I've seen charge 2-3 times as much (plus tax)
I'm not worried about a power outage because in 6.5 years we've never lost power. I order sides of beef occasionally so I already have 100+ pounds of meat in the freezer now

You can get frozen foods at Petco and PetSmart for a decent price. Once you factor in shipping, I don't think you're getting that great of a deal ordering it online.

$10.60 per 16 oz of mysis (including the shipping and with no tax) from online.
Petco was charging $14.70 plus tax, so for 16 oz after tax at petco it would be $31.46. I ordered online and will be seeing if anyone in my area wants any.

Back