Goby or Blenny?

Rufio808

Reefing newb
So, I've been contemplating on possibly getting my last fish for my 20L. The problem of course is picking the right fish. So far I've narrowed it down to a type of blenny or goby. I'm sure I can't go wrong with either, but I would like some feedback on any past blennies or gobies other members had. A fish with personality is all I ask for! :Cheers:

I love blennies and they have great personalities too but, I've had two starve to death in my tanks. I would go for a goby, maybe a goby/shrimp pair.

Once my blennies cleared my tanks of hair algae they both didn't eat anything else and slowly starved.

The yellow headed:bowdown: is an awsome fish but I also have a bullseye goby and he has a great personality

A tailspot blenny are a perfect sizes for your aquarium.They are more omnivores then herbivores.They will eat just about anything.

Kind of partial to the Black sailfin blenny. He even eats flake.

100_0258.JPG

100_1230.JPG

Oh neat little guy! My LFS usually only gets gobies so I'll probably have to resort to going to Petco. They always have bicolors and lawnmowers.

The only thing I want to warn you about is if you get a lawnmower make sure you see it eat before you get it. Most lawnmowers will starve to death after the micro algea is gone. If you see it eat at the LFS then you know it will eat in your tank.

The only thing I want to warn you about is if you get a lawnmower make sure you see it eat before you get it. Most lawnmowers will starve to death after the micro algea is gone. If you see it eat at the LFS then you know it will eat in your tank.

Will do.

I have a scooter blenny that eats frozen stuff, I have a starry blenny who I have only seen him eat the sheets of seaweed I put in. I also have a yellow watchman goby that is awesomw and a pistol shrimp. I rarely see the watchman goby, and the pistol shrimp I thought was dead until yesterday. The Starry blenny is awesome but very shy. The Scooter Blenny is everyones favorite because he scoots all over the tank and you can almost always see him. I've tried a couple war paint gobies, but both died after a couple weeks...I really like how they look though.

I have a scooter blenny that eats frozen stuff, I have a starry blenny who I have only seen him eat the sheets of seaweed I put in. I also have a yellow watchman goby that is awesomw and a pistol shrimp. I rarely see the watchman goby, and the pistol shrimp I thought was dead until yesterday. The Starry blenny is awesome but very shy. The Scooter Blenny is everyones favorite because he scoots all over the tank and you can almost always see him. I've tried a couple war paint gobies, but both died after a couple weeks...I really like how they look though.

Ever had a bicolor blenny or lawnmower? Must feel dissapointing to buy fish and never see them.

Nope...these are my first ones. The Starry Blenny has slowly started being less shy, and I'm hoping that will continue and he will be out more often. The Yellow watchman goby is usually at the entrance to his hiding place...just happens to be in a spot that is kind of hard to see. My engineer goby stays near his home but swims around a bit. Usually for an hour or so around feeding he's out quite a bit.

Back