Goby VS Blenny

I added my third fish this evening, a diamond goby. According to compatibility chart and LFS it is compatible with what I got, but a little concerned. The goby is doing it's thing making itself at home. Already has the sand cleared out from under one of my base rocks and is picking up empty snail shells and placing them under rock. I assume it has claimed it's cave. Problem is, once my starry blenny realized there was someone new he has been stalking the goby. Sitting right on to of rock that sand has been cleared from under or perching on a rock right next to it and peeking in and dove down at goby like he was attacking. Am I gonna have a problem?

Nah, they will all just get used to eachother. The blenny is just being nosy, knowing there is a new comer, he is probably just satisfying his curiosity.

Alright, because this has been going on for like 2 hours. The dive down attack thing only once. Forget watching any TV this evening, this is way more entertaining.

Yeah, they'll get used to each other. I have a diamond goby and a scooter bleeny in my tank and they get along well.

The starry blenny and diamond goby have similar shaped bodies, so they will probably show more interest in each other than your other fish will. But they *should* get along fine (I say that because not everything is 100% in this hobby). :)

Back