Help My coral beauty

Gatilidie

Reefing newb
Hey my beauty is not eating last night nor this morning he is swimming around great but he will stay right under my filter high up like right at the water edge he sometime rolls to the side but quickly rights himself and his not breathing fast nor is he fluttering his fins so I know his not stressed his the biggest thing in the tank I have seven damsels two clarkii clown a box crab arrow crab emarld crab one peppermint Shri lathers turbo snails and two regular snails my tank is two months old and I have sixty lbs of live rock and live sand I checked my lvls and everything is in specs PLEASE HELP o and I had him this is day three

I'd say check your parameters but also even the largest fish in a tank can get stressed... Sometimes fish just don't eat mine some days wont eat any thing I give them. but also its food to switch things up and not just give them one type of food all the time. because that one food just wont have all of what they need. I'm sure someone can help you better than i can but yeah I'd check your levels. oh and just a dumb question you did accumulate the beauty right?

-Kurt

I turned my light off and now his come out and moved to the middle of the tank and is bobbing down touch the sand and then come up funny

I have heard people say when you introduce a fish to your tank to keep your lights off for a few hours. Thats what I have done so far and it seems to work out for me.

What are the 0,3,0 measurements of?

Secondly, even if he is the biggest guy in the tank he can still be bullied by other fish. And i suspect your damsels are giving him trouble, they are some of the most aggressive fish you can buy, and are known for bulling fish much much much bigger than they are to death and also killing themselves off until you are left with the biggest, meanest, ugliest one left.

You should only be adding one fish every 3 weeks, I suspect you have put all these fish in your tank in a very short amount of time which is causing issues for your fish because your tank cant support that many fish at this time.

Finally, you should only have one fish for every 10 gallons and you are double that. For a new tank, you shouldnt go over that, especially when all of your fish are considered super aggressive. Its not healthy for any fish to be that squished, and as you can see it is affecting the fish you have.

What do you have for flow in the tank?

I would get rid of all the damsels and slow down! nothing good happens fast in this hobby.

It was cal,amm and ph. And I didn't know it was ten gallon I am not going back to that store I lost him this morning, how should I get rid of the damels, thanks also my flow head is a aqu tech 170 gal flow

Last edited:
+1everyone...damsels are mean. Sorry to hear of your loss. Definitely get rid of the damsels first. Catch then and send them off to the lfs or put them up on craigslist. If u have a sump, stick them in there first until someone gets them. Wait a bit before getting another fish. Maybe make a stink about the dead fish (no pun intended) to the lfs.

Back