help now please!

shahrzad1893

Reefing newb
i think my Christmas wrasse is very sick :(
it hasent been eating
and today i saw it just laying on the sand bed behind the rock. i thought he was dead until i reached in there. he moved but just a few inches away and burried himself under the sand.

we got a little residual cyano when we moved and ive been taking care of it
could it be a reaction to the red slime remover?
he didnt get sick until 2 days ago and the medicine was added friday and i turned the skimmer back on sunday.

the other fish are perfectly healthy and eating just fine

all the parameters are fine when i checked friday
- cant check them now though i have to get new testing kits

and there is no other sign of disease
everything else looks perfectly healthy

Every time I have ever used a chemical or medication on any of my tanks including fresh it ALWAYS causes trouble. There is always 1 or 2 fish or a plant that just cant take it. Even when it says its safe and wont cause stress it always does.

I decided a last weekend when I tried to safely increase my PH and lost my new fish and starfish that I was done with chemicals. I am using cheato to reduce my nitrates naturally.

Its always sad to see your animals suffer but most of the time there is not much you can do.

:C this is the third loss since the move
our cardinal died before we moved the tank because the person who was supposed to take care of it for a week flaked and something went wrong

and the last two have just been from the stess im summing it up to
i think ive had it for any type of medications

i really hate to see him like this
im hoping he pulls through but im doubtful
doing a water change tomorrow and should be getting testing kits
and im not adding anything new until the tank settles

Yeah that does suck one of my angel fish got stressed when I first got it, wouldnt eat floating sideways and clamped fins. I put it in one of those hang in the tank boxes so no one would peck at him and within a couple days he did pull through and we have had him for over a year, so it can happen.

good luck

well im sure nobodys going to be bothering him since he is the biggest one and everything else is harmless so im hoping he can pull though ill just be watching how he is for the next few days if he lasts

well he made it through the night
had to do a water change today and i moved a rock to make sure he wasnt dead. and to take him out if he was and he swam around a bit.
but now hes just laying on the sandbed and breathing really fast. he keeps moving around from place to place
i just checked him again

im still hoping he gets better

Back