How do I?

youtoo54

Reefing newb
I have some GSP (green star p) that started as a piece about the size of a quarter that I put on the top of a piece of FIJI branch. Now it has spread over the whole top (about the size of a baseball) and growing down the sides a few inches. I want to get some of it from the side and glue it to some rocks and place in different parts of my tank. How can I get it loose from the rock?

Take a razor blade, and peel the purple mat off. Cut it into the size that you want. Use super glue gel to attach it to the new spot.

There is also a method that is to get a piece of live rock, and place it in the path of the GSP, and when the GSP grows on the rock, you have a frag! It also works with xenia, mushrooms, and many other soft corals.

I also have Gsp that grows like crazy. I like it though bc I have a whole area that i would like covered and its well on its way there. Also it can easily be fragged and put into my new nano tank.

Ugh, I had GSP spread to a rock my Purple Monitpora Digitalia was gowing on and It was getting so bad that the GSP started growing right up to it and was killing the Monti wherever it touched... So just the other day I had to cut the Monti off that rock and relocate it =( That rock has turned into GSP only, stuff is like the plague if your not careful! XD

I first tried covering the GSP with black plastic but it soon spred out from under the plastic and was spreading up along the base of the Monti so I gave up trying to choke it out and just moved the monit =/

Back