How much & how often do you feed ?

Lesely

Reefing newb
I was told recently that I feed my fish too much ?
I give seaweed clip daily at lunchtime
I give frozen 1 pellet of mysis
1 pellet of brine
1 pellet of seaweed brine
dissolved in tank water first, power heads off and spread over tank.
some nights I give flake & granules instead of frozen mix
I also let them snack on chateau from the sump a couple of times a week.

The days I target feed my corals I put no other food in because the fish eat half of the brine anyway.

Is this too often & too much ?

Stock list
2 hippo tangs
2 yellow tangs
1 lipstick tang
1 coral beauty
1 flame angel
2 dragonets
Cleaner wrasse
Copperband butterfly fish
2 clowns

thanks for you help.
Would love to hear your feeding schedule and fish list too ?

Some has to go to bottom for dragonets. They are very slow eaters. But when power heads kick back on most gets blown around and finished off ! Would that be why I struggle to keep a clean white sandbed ?

Nah. He means dry. I'd stick to just frozen if I were you. I could try just spot feeding the dragonettes but if everything is getting eaten I wouldn't worry about it.

What's your cuc like?

Nah. He means dry. I'd stick to just frozen if I were you. I could try just spot feeding the dragonettes but if everything is getting eaten I wouldn't worry about it.

What's your cuc like?
my snails are having to take turns in the sump because they are not getting enough algae to eat. The strom snails do a reasonable job of the sand I have 7 of them. I also have the dreaded bristle worms and bristle stars that are out every night too. We have one large crab that I cant catch and that's it.

Don't worry about bristle worms, they're detritivores and further reduce nutrients. FIRE worm, the big assed hairy buggers are the ones you don't want.

I feed very heavy. Usually if I walk by the tank they get fed. I feed 16 ounces of food a week in all forms, either frozen flakes, clips, or the marine land pellets for herbivores. I weight it out each week with my w/c's and prepare for the next week. I check weight of my skimmate and shoot for equal weights. What goes in must come out, right?

Back