Ill Regal Tang

Apestyler

Reefing newb
Hi all

My Regal Tang has the following symptoms which I first noticed after a water change in the tank 2 days ago - No other fish are affected;

-White spot areas (not lots of small ones but a few white patches)
-Fins are rotting and loosing colour
-Pertruded eyes
-Rapid gill movements

I have looked up in my book and it has indicated that it could either be white spot or turbeculosis - I have no quaratine tank and I have performed 1 fresh water bath with not really any positive results. He is still feeding however I am wondering whether it is treatable or whether I should stop his suffering and prevent other fish from getting infected. I have tried to get a photo but non of them really show up what is wrong.

Many thanks in advance

Thanks for the advice on what it could've been. Unfortunately the tang detoriated over night and was even worse when I came back from work (eyes were nearly popping out his head) - So I took the hard decision to humanely stop his suffering :(

Sorry for your lose. you should still try and identify what you think it was so if it shows up again you will be able to get on it right away. I dont know if you remember, but, ive stated before im not a supporter of fresh water dips as it can sometimes put the fish into osmotic shock on top of what ails it. anyway this is where we try and learn what we saw, and what happened or didnt happen. this is a good opprotunity to jot down some notes on your thoughts and observations for reference later on. I'd be interested in what your final analysis is of the disease and what you think should have been done to treat the ailment. also post a note for others on what you think you may have done wrong, or, didnt do. as we all sometimes do not always do the right thing but afterwords figure it out, we can share with others. this is one of the areas where we can all learn from an actual event. best regards and again sorry for your loss.

Back