led lighting

You will not be able to keep SPS with that LED light, the only use for that fixture is for accent lighting in a FO tank

You would need something like this for SPS
AI Nano

Alternatively, if you were electrically inclined, you could make your own fixture as well

+1 AI Nano. AI makes AWESOME lights. I have two of the Sols and they are amazing and the nano is suppose to be awesome as well.

check these lights out amazing
www.saltwateraquaticsleds.com

At $310 for the 24 LED model using Cree's with a dimmer, I'd spend a little more and get an AI unit - which has been proven by many users, uses the the much more accepted 2:1 blue to white ratio, and has replaceable pucks so that you can change the LED's if needed. You wouldn't be spending that much more, and you're getting a proven reliable fixture

The fixtures quoted above also use 90 degree optics. In order for them to look right over a tank, you would need to get them 12+ inches above the waterline. Several other fixtures near this price bracket come with optics options, so that those that do not have the space to hang fixtures a foot above the tank can lower them down (and would then need more fixtures to cover the same area)

Intensity

Managing your light is a right, not a privilege. The AI Sol exclusively uses white Cree XP-G and blue/royal blue XP-E series LEDs with a combination of our proprietary 40 and 70 degree lenses, balanced specifically to achieve the greatest spread without sacrificing intensity

this is for the AI SOL THEY USE 40 AND 70 DEGREE LENSES you would need to put these even higher above the water line to get good light spread

the fixtures from www.saltwateraquaticsleds.com have 90 degree there for more light spread then an AI SOL with 70 and 40 degree lenses. and the AI ONLY COME WITH A 1 YEAR WARRANTY also there par ratings are weaker

check on reef central all the users with the AL SOL ARE saying 12 to 18 inches above there tank is were they had to install them to get the light spread and the saltwateraquatics led 24x3 watt with 90 degree lenses i have above my 6 ft frag tank at 8 inches it lights it up at one end of the tank about 24inch by 18inches and its only 10 inches deep

Back