mushroom newbie

Justinb2188

Reefing newb
ok so i have this new frag mushroom i got for $5 about a week ago and it seems he never fully opens up ive been moving him around i cant tell though as this is my first peice right now he is close to the bottom of my 75 gallon under direct light and he is kinda curled downwards towards the bottom but when i turned off everything yesturday i was low on water and didnt want to keep blowing bubbles in my tank while i was adding water. so when everything was off he opened up wide looked awsome and was under direct light and now hes back to normal and nothing is picking at it so im stuck now

I would pick a spot for them somewhere middle of the tank, middle flow and leave them there for at least a week. Give them some time to adjust to the new spot.

Ya I think I may have found a spot looking pretty good now any idea what kind it is its a dark red with green spots

Does it look like this one Justin? Mine only started to open when I put him in a spot with very little flow. The tips aren't green in the pic, but turned green after I fed them tonight. It's in open light, but I only have 2 65Watt 50/50 compact flourescents.

023-Mushroom1.jpg

its cool looking with the leds on he complety grlows green and seems like hes moving a little bit hes about half way under a rock now so only half his body is on light so maybe he will find his own spot and i have been feeding him KENTS Photplex ever heard of that?

ya and the green kinda glows under the actinic and led's ya and hes about a quarter size

Mine only opened like that Sunday night when I moved them to a low flow area. I put everything I have nack in the tank Saturday afternoon. I turned the pump on Sunday morning and they shrunk right up. I moved them later to where they both sit now and have opened that big. The other one is a little smaller. I'd suggest moving it to a low flow area. Just my thoughts. I'm no expert...OhNoNemo would be a good person to ask.

I have seen it. I feed all my corals cyclops. Not sure if it's enough but they like it.

The CBS wont mess with the mushrooms, but they might try and steal whatever you are feeding it. Keep and eye on them though, they can turn very nasty, going after other shrimp and fish

during the day and some of the night he stays next to the fish waving his claws around but the fish keep there distance hes the newest in the tank

oh ya i know i got rid of my $35 wrasse because he killed my naso tang and started beating on the koran angel so he had to go i will do the same lol

Back