Need tips to get better pics.

bobby

I like to do bad things.
I have canon sx10is, and could get good macro shots of things out of the tank, but not of things in the tank. When I set my cam to super macro the lens goes to a set spot and you can not zoom in or out. I would love to get good clear close up of my coral, but no matter what I try it's never good enough.

Any tips? I figured out how to play with it to get the colors right (kinda) but can't get crisp clear close ups.

Are you shooting through a bow-front?

Sometimes with my macro I have to move the camera back and forth to get a good focus? I know that's not what you're looking for but even the slightest movement forward and backward can make a big difference. Also, how big is your image? You can crop your shot later to get an extreme close-up.

Catherine

No, no bow front. I don't know anything about image sizes. I can get clear shots, but not close ups. The only way I have been able to get close is by placing the coral right in front of the glass and shooting it super macro, but still never looks great.

>|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|<

We kept our hands on the keyboard at all times

>|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|<

Last edited:
David, I was a high school photography teacher for 10 years. Trust me, I had students that hardly knew which end was up and if I can teach them how to take great shots, anyone can LEARN how to take great shots! Maybe you just haven't had the right teacher!

Catherine

Last edited:
I think I just have the wrong equipment. My best equipment is a Sony Cybershot 4.3 mega pixels from about 5 years ago. I also have a Casio 10.1 point and shoot. :(

Catherine, thanks so much for the wonderful time last night.LOL Really though thanks for the help and info. I have been taking a few pics and have cleaned them up. I can tell a huge difference already, but I do need to still work on it.

My new pics are going to be added in a contest thread so come check them out and tell me what you think.

Yeah, there is nothing sexier than spending an hour in bed with a person that has the flu. Nasal blockage, hacking goo out of your lungs, fever, sweating...

Catherine

I take it yotes, onion tea isnt working against the swine flu

But thanks for these tips on pic taking. Maybe I can get some better looking pics:Cheers:

Back