Newish Tank

foxymoxy

Reefing newb
I am currently upgrading to a larger tank since my tangs and foxface have outgrown the 150. I am planning on setting up my 150 for reef/small fish. The only current resident that will remain is my zebra lionfish, but he is fish friendly. He wont even eat the peppermint shrimps. I have never owned fish smaller than 5inchs due to the lionfish. I know that I will get a sixliner, but besides that anything goes. I am thinking about adding clowns or even damsel. I have heard that damsels are devils. Any suggestions would be nice. I only have soft corals and no hard.

Have you added small fish since you've had the lionfish? Sometimes they will be fish-friendly, but only friendly towards fish that were in the tank before them.

The only small fish that go into the tank are brackish raised big fat black mollies. That are raised by a good friend of mine for the soul purpose as feeder fish. Unlike the feeder fish at a store these guys are feed with rich foods and vitamins. He gets a couple on special holidays. He waste no time hunting them down and eating them.

If he is eating the mollies, then he is going to eat anything smaller than him you put in the tank. They dont know that some fish are for eating and other arent.

Ahhh okay! I understand now. Your lionfish is staying in the old tank and your tangs and foxface are going in the new (larger) tank, and you want to know which fish to add with them, right?

When I read it the first time, it sounded like you were getting rid of everyone but the lionfish and wanted to know what fish to put in with the lionfish.

I just reread my post and I now understand the confusion. It would appear I have made a spelling error. I meant to write zebra eel and not zebra Lionfish. I am sorry for this mistake ^^. All the fish are being moved but the zebra eel and corals.

Back