Peppermint shrimp

PoppyhinNC

Reefing newb
He was a bad one, would sneak up and take a chunk off my Green BTA, not clean but try too EAT, the piece he tore off was green, none of my other peps bother it, the one who did went bye bye, anyone ever have that problem with a pep. shrimp?? My Maroon loves the Nem, but doesn't seem very protective LOL, Silly clown, The Nem is fine this was a couple months back, my 75 year old mom was so good in helping me keep an eye on the tank, she would yell, that shrimp is after the thing again! LOL:shock:

Nope It was a pep. shrimp, I never thought they would do that, I bought 4 of them from Reefs2Go , I now have 2 left 1 was eaten by a Rock Flower Amemone, It did the same thing, would tear chuncks from it, so the RFA ate it! LOL, the remaining peps don't bother a thing, will even eat from my hand, same as my Arrow crab Fire and cleaner shrimp

Peps are hit or miss. I had a pair that would attack my LPS and steal food out of their mouths. Then they got really aggressive and started taking chunks out of my candy cane. This was when there were only two fish in the tank. I was feeding really lightly, and there wasn't much fish poo to eat either. After I added a couple more fish, they quit. Then I added a pair of cleaner shrimp, I'm pretty sure my cleaner shrimp ate them, as I haven't seen them in months......

Peps are hit or miss. I had a pair that would attack my LPS and steal food out of their mouths. Then they got really aggressive and started taking chunks out of my candy cane. This was when there were only two fish in the tank. I was feeding really lightly, and there wasn't much fish poo to eat either. After I added a couple more fish, they quit. Then I added a pair of cleaner shrimp, I'm pretty sure my cleaner shrimp ate them, as I haven't seen them in months......

Kinda figured I had a couple of bad ones, the other 2 are just fine, no problemsthose 2 bad ones harrased the heck out of my RFA It was doing fine, then all at once went down hill, I beleved the peps killed it, as my BTA is doing fine

Back