Powerful, Safe, Hand Cleaner?

Greasy Joe Bick

Reefing newb
Hello guys and gals,

My cycle is almost done and I'll be adding a clean up crew for my horrible diatoms soon.

Does anyone know of a strong, yet safe, hand cleaner? I need something a bit better than a bar of soap. I work in the natural gas/oil field and my hands get full of chemicals, oils, and rust on a daily basis.

I use Fast Orange and GoJo (pumice) when I leave the shop or field but I always take a good shower before I stick my fingers in the tank. I'd like to have a good cleaner on hand in case of emergencies. Anyone know of a good hand cleaner that will wash away really nasty, sticky, grime, yet, it's still fish safe?

Sorry I can't reccomend a cleaner, but I would get a pair of full arm gloves. I have a pair and use them all the time, even if my hands are clean. They protect both me and the fish and I don't get wet!

Yep I would go with LONG gloves in your case. For me I just always rinse with SUPER hot water first but I sit at a desk all day so no chemicals for me.

Hello. Yah, I use a hand cleaner called click, My job gets my hands greasy, it works well in terms of cleaning grease and I have not had any problems with my fish. I order it from nytrex industries in either ga or al. Last time it cost me about 50 for two gallons but that was over a year ago. Hope that helped. :sfish:

Back