Refugium Light bulb

snyderju

Reefing newb
My girlfriend and I got one of these [ame="http://www.amazon.com/CL26SL-D65-Aquarium-Cliplight-including-Moonlight/dp/B004MSM6QW/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1336148528&sr=8-6"]Finnex refugium lights[/ame] for our refugium and after about 2 months the bulb already burned out. The bulb that came with it was a 26 Watt 6500K 3 U type bulb. It had what seemed like 2 daylight U's and one U was actinic blue which I'm sure does nothing for algae. I went to Walmart and picked up a 2 pack of 26 Watt 6500K daylight CFL bulbs for cheaper than 1 of these lights. Do you think this bulb will work well for Chaeto and Caulerpa? It should basically be the same thing that was in there without the finnex brand and actinic blue right?

My girlfriend and I got one of these Finnex refugium lights for our refugium and after about 2 months the bulb already burned out. The bulb that came with it was a 26 Watt 6500K 3 U type bulb. It had what seemed like 2 daylight U's and one U was actinic blue which I'm sure does nothing for algae. I went to Walmart and picked up a 2 pack of 26 Watt 6500K daylight CFL bulbs for cheaper than 1 of these lights. Do you think this bulb will work well for Chaeto and Caulerpa? It should basically be the same thing that was in there without the finnex brand and actinic blue right?

The walmart lights are fine. How big is your fuge?

Well, I got the 26 Watt 6500k bulbs from wally world and they dont turn on in my fixture. The bulb that was in there was 26watts and it was more volts... Then I put the old bulb I thought was burnt out back in and it works! WTH!? The walmart bulbs work fine in other fixtures.... I guess I'll keep my original light. It is 10,000K-30,000K with the actinic because originally I wanted to be able to put a couple corals in the fuge. Guess I still can. I don't understand why the other bulb wont work though... 13 Watt CFL bulbs work in that fixture just fine...

Back