Shrimps and shrimps

clancaster23

Reefing newb
Now that my fish stocking list is full, I'd like to concentrate on putting more rock in and I have wanted to put some shrimp in there. I have a pink-spotted goby and would like to try to match him up with a pistol shrimp so that's one. I would also like to add a cleaner shrimp. I have read that those two are ok in the same tank. Are there any other kind of shrimp that are reef safe and will get along with the pistol and cleaner? The tank is a 75, should I stay at a certain number?

You could also get a fire shrimp and sexy shrimp are really cool but they're small, you might not see them in a tank your size.

I think that generally speaking, inverts like shrimp do not really add to the bio-load. I would think that definitely applies to cleaner shrimp or blood red shrimp as they are scavangers or cleaners so I'd say you can add as many as you want (within reason)

Yeah, I'm mainly thinking about compatability (don't want them eating each other ot something else killing them). What I'm looking for is if those two will be ok together and what other types I can add.

I have a pretty large pistol shrimp with my goby, and I have a cleaner shrimp too. I havent noticed any problems so far and theyve been in the tank for over a month now.

Back