skimmer help

ccanno66294

Reefing newb
When I bought my tank the guy gave me a protein skimmer he had, but it was cracked. I finally have fixed it, but dont know what kind of protein skimmer it is, or anything about it. Hoping someone can chime in and may have an idea of what kind of skimmer it is. Im sorry for the horrible pics, they were taken with my cell phone and it is in the sump. Thanks

Attachments

• skimmer.jpg
    skimmer.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 131
  • skimmer2.jpg
    skimmer2.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 127
Im thinking it is to ,but I wanted to see if someone else thought the same. I had another skimmer, it was a cheap one that i made the mistake of buying when i first got the tank and could never get it to skim right. My nitrates were a lil high using the cheap skimmer, but I just kept up with regular water changes to keep them down. Now that I finally have this one fixed im hoping it will lower my nitrates some. how long does it usually take for a skimmer to break in bc all it is producing is some white watery foam. i got it started running yesterday evening. thanks for the help and any other tips on getting it skimming right will be appreciated

Back