Some corals I grew from little frags....

MitchReef

reef noobie, since 1986
Unfortunately I don't have any of these pieces anymore, but luckily I spread them around our local reef community so when I get my system up and stable I can get frags back....on most of them....
5" wide Sunset Monti mini colony
IMG_5025.jpg

10" wide 8" tall Montipora Confusa colony
IMG_4790.jpg

5" wide Tri-color Valida colony
IMG_4426-1.jpg

3" tall Oregon Blue tort (slowest growing acro there is)
IMG_4421-1.jpg

5" tall no-name acro colony
IMG_4425.jpg

Racketball sized Superman monti colony
IMG_4124.jpg

more on the next post....

Chips Acro colony about 5 inches tall and Rose Millepora
IMG_4124.jpg

better view of the Chip's
IMG_3067-1.jpg

Purple and Rose milleporae in front of tabling Acro desalwii colony
IMG_1911.jpg

True Purple Montipora cap
IMG_3351.jpg

an area shot
IMG_3340.jpg

the other side...it was a peninsula setup
IMG_3335.jpg

Blastomussa wellsi
IMG_3116.jpg

Frog in a blender birdsnest
IMG_2334.jpg

Those are a few of my nice pieces....there were many more....and I take a LOT of pictures....:bounce:

Those look awesome! We got a Hodag's Monti *Confusa Feb 14th and it's so unique, we really like it. Glad to see what it's going to look like!

I'm also LOVING the purple Monti Cap! We want an Idaho Grape, freaking beautiful. I think we have a Monti weakness lol. We have a Red Monti Cap, Green Monti Cap, Pink Monti Cap, Purple Haze Encrusting & the Hodag's. :D We want a Rainbow, Pokerstar, Idaho Grape, Blue & a Superman.. as of now lol

How long did you grow these for?

If you look at the lower left side of the fifth picture in the first poat (the no-name acro colony) you can see my Rainbow....that thing grew like crazy for me after it got going.....it was brick red on brick red when I got it, but the friend I got it from assured me it was a nice Rainbow....

I have had the Superman, Rainbow, WWC Frankenberry, Seasons Greetings, Pokerstar, Purple Haze, Sunset and I can't say what other encrusting montis....I really like them....

I want Sunset for the new tank when it's running....and maybe a Rainbow.....and maybe.....:shock::mrgreen::shock:

Back