Stag's 125 Gal v 2.0

stagofdoom

Phi Kappa Psi
Hey everyone,

So I moved out of Knoxville and am back in Franklin. Currently living with the parents until my house is done (another month and a half Im guessing).

And I am completely restarting my tank, and doing it correctly this time. Currently my plan is to build out a small room in my living room to keep the tank and equipment, keep it quieter in the living room and only have the tank visible.

Here is what I have planend so far.

125 perfecto tank (completely cleaned and looking like new)
55gal sump
ReefOctopus skimmer
Genesis Renew Water Change System
Genesis Storm Auto Top Off System
3 EcoRay 112D LED light systems
2 Vortech mp60 (or would mp40's work?)
BRS Carbon and GFO reactors.

Thats all I can think of right now. Will have pics of the place here shortly, still getting everything unpacked. My main computer with my photo software is still not put up so that might be a hot minute. Thought I would go ahead and get this started back up.

Sorry for no updates, trying to finish this house.

Got the Reef Octopus NW150 today.
Looking for a tank for the sump so I can build that.

Changed the idea from the room to placing it on the wall. Im going to build a custom stand and cabinets around the tank, to hold all the equipment and lights.

Will hopefully have pictures soon!

Nice to see another Tennesseean in the Reef!

Yeah! I just moved back down to Franklin. If you ever want to meet up at the Aquatic Critter or anything just let me know!

Cabinet design is in the works for my stand and cabinets around it. (my brother is doing it for free so its not his first priority)

Cool. The wife and I just got back from a Knoxville roadtrip. There are three very nice stores out that way we try and hit every few months or so.

I'm in the Critter disturbingly often though...lol

Cool. The wife and I just got back from a Knoxville roadtrip. There are three very nice stores out that way we try and hit every few months or so.

I'm in the Critter disturbingly often though...lol

I just got back from Knoxville about an hour and a half ago. Im up there all the time, and I stop by Aquatic Marine whenever I go. Im currently trying to find a 55 gal to build my sump out of.

Hey everyone!

Thought I would update everyone.

Im ordering my Vortech Mp40's today as well as the Genesis water change/top off system.

Also I am building my stand tomorrow!

Then I have a real good friend that is the leader of one of the Pet Supermarket stores and is hooking me up with a brand new 55gal for my sump, will be putting that together once I get it!

Sorry its been a while, moved into the new house in May and started a new job in June so its been kinda hectic, and with the GF being out of town I tend to travel a lot to see her, so less time to build the stand.

I am also planning on getting all of my rock and sand from Tampa bay salt water.

Will post pics when I have them!

Got the two sides of the stand finished and just ordered 2 Vortech MP40's with a backup battery system. Bout to bite the bullet for the Genesis Reef water change system.

Im hoping to have the stand put together tomorrow minus the plywood on top and bottom. Then im going to stain it and put it in place and hopefully get the tank running asap.

Should be getting the Genesis Water Change system in the mail today, the vortech's Friday. I will post pics soon! Still finishing up the stand as well.

Came home to see that the postman left me a present.

9305963082_0e6b9baf33_b.jpg

What could it be?

9305917690_f21c4acd9b_b.jpg

BOOM Genesis Storm and Renew Water change system and ATO.

9303102021_cc80e12435_b.jpg

9303071519_b1f15a9424_b.jpg

9305818902_919ee72f1b_b.jpg

9303008361_3d024caa73_b.jpg

Hopefully finishing most of the stand tomorrow. Picking up a brand new 55gal tank for $50ish next week and will get it set up for the sump.

looks good. my only thought would be to get a 40g breeder for a sump. i think it'll be a lil easier on a few things. better dimension also.

Why do you say that?

The 55 gal will squeeze into my stand im building, but a 40 is too deep. If a 40 would work better I could make the stand fit it, but it would be a big stand for the room.

For the 55 im going to have a section where the water comes in from tank, and have media in that, then protein skimmer section, then refugium and finally a section for the pump.

i didnt think about the width of the tank. but the 40g is low and wide profile which would make it easier taking the skimmer out to clean or maintenance. of course this is imho. try making the first section your drain and skimmer section. then your refugium triple baffles then your return area.

i didnt think about the width of the tank. but the 40g is low and wide profile which would make it easier taking the skimmer out to clean or maintenance. of course this is imho. try making the first section your drain and skimmer section. then your refugium triple baffles then your return area.

Yeah that would be a little better, but Ive got a pretty high stand so there will be a good amount of space. Also im doing biomedia in the first section with eggcrate at the bottom, so that will make it where I have a section by itself for the protein skimmer. a section for a small refugium and then triple baffles into a return area.

Back