Sticking list and order

robbrouse

Reefing newb
Good day.

Well it's fish time. Tank cycled.

I have a 56 column tank 30L 18W and 25H.

I want to add 2 clowns (Ocellars)
1 Fish Fish

Than one of the following sets
1 Yellow Prown Goby with a pistol Shrimp
or 1 Orange Spotted Goby with an Alpheid Shrimp.

Wanted to add a small school of Blue Green Chromis, but knew it would/might be over stocked.

I've read added the most aggressive or the list. What should I start with. Would it be ok to add clowns first or should they go in last.

Robb

All of those are pretty peaceful community fish so I think you'd be fine starting with any of them. I also think you could add 3 chromis to your stocking list, but wait to add them until further down the road once your tank has fully matured. You have a 56g that is 3ft long so should be fine! Will you be running a sump with it?

So how long after I add the fish should I start to add CUC? And how many to start with?
I added 2 clowns last 5 days ago.

I would go ahead and add a CUC now. If you look on sites like reefcleaners.org they have CUC packages for various size tanks that can give you an idea of how many to add. I personally went with a snail-only CUC becuase hermits are known to murder snails just for the fun of it (even if you give them extra shells) and I personally can't afford to continually replace my CUC! When I added my first CUC, I started out with about 25 mixed snails for a 90g - astraea conehead, nassarius, cerith, nerite, and banded trochus. I added them at the same time I added my fish. But within a week or so of adding the CUC, I had a big algae outbreak and needed to add more. So within 2 weeks I added pretty much the rest of my CUC and they have all done well since then (I have about 10 each of cerith, nerite, banded trochus, astrae conehead, turbos, a few margaritas, 25 nassarius snails, 2 urchins, and two cleaner shrimp). I initially thought I'd need to feed my turbos nori sheets becuase they plowed through my algae in days, but that hasn't turned out to be the case. Anyhow, I think you'd be fine adding a small CUC now, but keep in mind you may need to add more within a few weeks.

Last edited:
Back