T5's and FLIR???

Grouper954

Reefer Addict
Long story short, I am new to the hobby and just got a 55gal that is under construction as reef tank. I bought a Tek Light 4x54w grow light for it.

My single concern with this is my location. I live in South FL......A lot of bad things go on down here. A LOT. The local sheriff's office has a bit of a habit of using FLIR......they fly the choppers at least once a month, and if any houses appear to be hotspots, they proceed as they see fit. You hear a lot of stories of unnecessary search warrants being issued, etc etc.

I guess my question is will 216w worth of T5's be enough to raise a red flag from the sky? I am not conducting any illegal operations in my home, but at the same time, I don't need a bunch of cops & gov't agents snooping through all my shit. Anybody have input? I'm sure I'm safe, I just want to ask ya'll and make sure

FLIR doesn't work the way TV and movies portray it. You can't see heat signatures and people walking around inside of a building. When they use it, they'll see excessive heat radiating from windows, door openings, chimneys, etc. There's no way your T5 fixtures will provide that much heat.

Back