Tank Crash!

RevReefer

Living Reefs Supporter
As many of you know I had a tank crash a week ago due to reasons I am not real sure of. Although the tank looks somewhat better, clearer, ect.. the corals are still not opening up good and I lost a few of them altogether.

I didnt loose any fish, but I did loose 3 cleaner shrimp, and some snails I think..

Here is a before pic, and then after:

pictures019.jpg

pictures021.jpg

1d5e0e43.jpg

Geez, I hope you find out what happened, so you can prevent it from happening again. This is definetly not fun, I have been thru the same thing myself before. Good Luck.

Not to be funny, but did you notice how that happened shortly after you switched your avatar to show the Alabama Crimson Tide? Maybe someone is trying to tell you something. :)

yea he did and he is having to get rid of all his fish...

*in a singing voice* :bounce: "Things that make you go hummm......."

Ok sorry no need to break out the 80's CNC factory today.

My appologies

very sorry for your difficulties. have you determined what has happened yet. Water Quality, something died in tank, poison, arasol (something in the air from the room the tank is in. just some thoughts. sounds like something introduced that cause an immediate crash. stray voltages??.. well good luck and keep us posted on what you find out. really sorry for your loss.

Stray voltage...... Hummmm

I put 20$ on that one...

He hasn't posted yet, but he told me the breaker flipped on sunday then just yesterday or the day before he found his heater all corroded and the wire was loose from the end of it sitting in the tank.

I wonder how many people have had issues with heaters.... I know I have before i don't even use one anymore... just a chiller and 4 pumps the pumps keep the water warm at night.

Last edited:
Brando you WIN a FREE RED KENYA TREE FRAG!!!! DING, DING, DING!!! (one that drops babies by the hour) :bounce:

Yes I finally figured out that a heater had blown inside the sump on Friday which flipped the breaker. No power for a fewhours is not what did it, but that nasty black burnt heater with stray voltage sitting in the tank for about a week did. Wish I would have checked that sucker!

OH well I feel good knowing it wasnt a water quality issue which I could not find since my water had been perfect since day one except for a small PH drop...(Nice Run On Sentence's huh?)

ReeferNoob said:
Brando you WIN a FREE RED KENYA TREE FRAG!!!! DING, DING, DING!!! (one that drops babies by the hour) :bounce:
QUOTE]

:^: Could you throw in some of that xenia that is the equivalant of crab grass in your yard? :^:

As frustrating as the experience is, atleast knowing what the issue is and that it is fixed will make it so much better....

Let me know if you think your tank is ready for something and i'll bring you a frag to help fill in the empty spots.... *thinking to himself* 'how much space will a single zoo polyp fill' HEHE jk :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

We both know i'll give you two. >|<

Let me know.

Uhhhhh....guess what....I have one in the tank and it's been there for a long time. :frustrat:

COOL!! 2 FREE PINK zoo poylps!! Thanks Brandon........... :glassesy:

Do you know if the grounding wire in your house is actually grounded?

Alot of older homes have the ground plug, but it isn't actually grounded in the wall...

Just a thought.

My house is only 2 years old and it better be!!!

No really it is, at least I think it is. I almost ron over a wire connected to a pole that runs into the ground every time I mow...

Back