tank moving people

surferido

funky buttlovin
hey im moving to orlando in about 3 to 4 months (i live in tampa..an hour away) and i was wondering if anyone has used the fish store moving services and if it would be worth it. i have never moved a saltwater tank (i have fresh...room to room thats it)...i have a 55 gallon just sitting in my house waiting to be set up when i get there...thanks alot and i fyi i am going on an overnight drunk and in 10 days im going to set out to find the shark that killed my best friend..anyone care to join:Cheers:

When i moved my tank i just loaded up everything in 5gal buckets of water and left the sand/crabs/snails in the tank with like an inch of water. I moved the tank an hour away and everything made it over just fine.

dang your friend got eaten? That so sucks.. Good luck finding the shark. Sorry to hear about your friend.

If it's only an hour move I wouldn't think it would be worth it to hire people to move stuff. 55 gallons isn't a whole lot, so you could probably just do what the the above poster did with buckets.

Just my :twocents: . I could only imagine what this kind of service would cost.

I have moved my 180 across town 3 times. its a process but everything was successful. If you have the opportunity to be at the house your moving to before you move you need to set up a trash can or something similar with fresh salt water as if you were going to do a water change. Try to bring all of the water from your tank. typically i say at least half but in your case it looks like your going from a 29 to a 55 so you want to keep all the origional water that you possibly can. other than that just break it all down in buckets/trash cans and move it. set it all back up and you should be just fine.

I wanna hear the story about the shark and your best friend. You sound like Inigo Montoya.

Does the shark have two fins on its left side:mrgreen:

All joking aside, sorry to hear about your loss, but I really dont think you should go kill a shark for revenge. Just my:twocents:

really a shark killed your friend that sucks. i am deeply sorry to hear that i am at a loss of words to say except that i am very sorry that that happened

:grumble:Never seen that movie.:grumble: Dont you know this forum is for serious conversations only!!!!:squint:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You got us good you sure did

I love that movie.

Hence my username. :mrgreen:

Think most of you would hate it though, it's very slow paced and not as upbeat as the trailer makes it seem.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbPUiaRnQkU[/ame]

Last edited:
If you are thinking bill murray in stripes, ghost busters, or caddy shack, I dont think you would like this movie. It is not the same type of character. I tried watching this when it first came out didnt care much for it. JMO

Brian

Back