To feed or not to feed?

KatiB

Reefing newb
Ok, just added my first fish (Firefish) and a Feather Duster and a Xenia. Should I wait to feed and let them get acclimated to the tank? (I did a drip acc. when I brought them home.) The LFS held the Firefish through the holiday for me, and I saw him eat Friday before I bought him. He perks up when the tank lid opens and appears very active and alert. Ok, so he either knows it is food or is looking to escape....but :) either way he perks up. LOL

I'll post pics in my build thread after the tank clears a bit. :grumble: I knew I should have left the PHs alone.

Plus you never know how much food they got prior to being shipped to the lfs. I feed my fish as soon as they get in, just to get their mind off the fact that they were stressed :mrgreen:

Thanks Wonton... I know he has been in the LFS at least a week. I bought him Friday morning, and they had him at least 4 days before that because I was there then too. hehe (I asked) I picked him up today. (They won't put the fish out front for a few days and even longer if they are stressed or not eating. This LFS is a real gem.) I like the idea of making him forget he's stressed tho. hehe

Congrats!!! I plan to add a firefish in another month...looking forward to hearing how things go!

Goodluck

He was out swimming in the current all happy. Then the Actinics came on....now he's in the rocks somewhere. Since he's new I have no idea if they hide at night or what. :) I keep looking at the tank to see if he's out wandering again. :)

Glad to hear he was out swimming.

I have a clown that hangs out by my powerhead all day... and a jawfish which although cool...and fun to watch rarely swims out.

Glad to hear he was out swimming.

I have a clown that hangs out by my powerhead all day... and a jawfish which although cool...and fun to watch rarely swims out.

I'd prefer he stay where I can "see" him and know he's ok for awhile.... but apparently he has a mind of his own. :grumble: :mrgreen:

They hide allot. I didn't see mine for 2 weeks, I thought the other one died he was MIA for a month. He would only come out to eat.:frustrat:
They are very cool fish when you do get the see them

Well, I did find his favorite hidy-hole....so I can see he is 'alive' LOL That was my biggest concern at the moment. making sure he's ok.

Thanks ggNoRe. :)

wonton - Ha! Pics up. No banning today. :D

Where's the pic? I don't see no stinking pic? The ban timer just got turned on..tick tock tick tock

EDIT....Oh it's in your build showcase. Nice save.

Where's the pic? I don't see no stinking pic? The ban timer just got turned on..tick tock tick tock

EDIT....Oh it's in your build showcase. Nice save.

:^::^::^: Ya....I hid it in the build thread just to confuse ya. :D

Back