anemone help

:question:i got a anemone i dont know what light i have all it saids on the plam odyssea 39 w plan...36" t6 fluorescent uni strip 36" 39w...is this ok or do i need to change it..and what else do i need to keep it happy...

Your light setup is bad news for an anemone. It will more than likely die if you don't get stronger lighting. They also need prestine water conditions. If the anemone dies it can release toxins into the water and kill everything in your tank.

You need a light that is at least 5 times as strong as the one you have. But even if you do get a better light, anemones rarely survive in tanks that have been setup for less than a year. They are very difficult animals to keep -- more difficult than most corals.

+1 All the above.
Not enough light and a tank thats not mature enough.The anemone will probably die within 3 weeks.

ok i did wrong with buy in it...but a cant take it back...and i dont want to trow it away...plz help me...what light do i need to buy..

I would still take it back. An anemone dieing in a small tank is capable of wiping out the whole tank very easily.

Oh no - he CAN'T take it back. He's stuck with it and will almost surely kill it in less than 6 weeks.

Good luck - hope it was cheap because it's garbage disposal food here shortly. :grumble:

Last edited:
chuysvt if you still have it you can place an add on Craig's list and may be a local reefer will be able to trade for it or just take it off your hands. Good luck.

Back