Bryan's 55

BryanS

Reefing newb
Well I finally did it. I have converted my 29 gallon tank into my 55 gallon tank. So far everything has taken the move really well, there are no deaths to report.

Right before Christmas I ordered 40lbs of rock and sand from Marcorocks, I decided to go with all new sand instead of using my old sand. Their sand is extremely fine and my tank was cloudy for a few days.

As for my lights I'm currently using my MH on half and my old T5 fixture on the other half. Until I figure out if I want to go with a T5 fixture or the MH, right now I'm really liking how the colors are popping under the T5s but it would be cheaper for me to go with one more MH.

In the very near future I will hopefully be able the setup a sump/fuge.

Well here are some pictures.

DSCN0920.jpg

DSCN0939.jpg

DSCN0998.jpg

DSCN1000.jpg

DSCN0974.jpg

can someone tell me what this is? I like lke to see a picture of a big one.
DSCN0965.jpg

these are really started to grow good.
DSCN0966.jpg

trying to get my blues and reds to grow together
DSCN0969.jpg

DSCN0989.jpg

DSCN0986.jpg

DSCN0985.jpg

DSCN0984.jpg

can someone tell me why this coral always has out its feeding tenticles(sp)
DSCN0982.jpg

red people eater palys (i think)
DSCN0978.jpg

DSCN0976.jpg

DSCN0973.jpg

one last question the frogspawn (middle) when it starts growing is it going to cause a problem with palys (left) mushroom (top) and suncoral (bottom right) to where I should go ahead and move them?
DSCN0992.jpg

Looks like a frilly mushroom.

The brain has its tentacles out all the time because it's feeding from the water column. That's normal for them.

I think it will take a long time for your frogspawn to get big enough to touch those other corals. It should be fine.

yea i just looked at the frilly mushroom biff just suggested but I dont think that is it. It is growing fast so hopefully it will keep growing

There are lots of types of frilly mushrooms. I have one that looks just like that. I think that's what it is. Does it have a mouth in the center? If so, I think it's a frilly shroom.

biff I'm really not sure...I think it has several mouths, the reason I say that is because when i feed it, it will pretty take in the food where ever the food is touching it. it also has these little parts that stick up and are round and has tenticles all the around it I'll try to get better pics of it.

I will also continue to look through google for pics

It's definitely not a galexia, there's no hard skeleton.
But, here's mine, your's looks a lot like it and mine has multiple mouths too
DSC_0114.jpg

Back