Could I keep a Leopard toby puffer in a 20 gallon

will he be alone or with another fish?

I would say avoid it if possible, obviously, as it would cause him undue stress, but if he has that space for himself he should be okay for a few months

So you have nothing set up yet? Why order him at all if you're only keeping him until X'mas? Is that when you're getting your 220g? Or are you giving him away? If people here tell you no would you listen anyway? Cuz honestly, I'd say no because of the "what's the point" factor.

So you have nothing set up yet? Why order him at all if you're only keeping him until X'mas? Is that when you're getting your 220g? Or are you giving him away? If people here tell you no would you listen anyway? Cuz honestly, I'd say no because of the "what's the point" factor.

Yes that's when I plan to get my 220 gal. And yes I would listen but I'd be extremely bumded.

But I don't get why'd you want to rush getting a fish that you're not ready for yet. What if things fall through and you don't get your 220 in time? Things happen. Have some patience. You'll go farther.

But I don't get why'd you want to rush getting a fish that you're not ready for yet. What if things fall through and you don't get your 220 in time? Things happen. Have some patience. You'll go farther.

Because this fish is rare and I want it really bad also if I don't get the 220 gal. in time I'll just get a smaller tank 220 isn't even assured yet.

All the more reason you should wait. You want to risk putting a rare fish in a newly set up tank, that won't be properly cycled by the time he arrives? That makes no sense. The fact that it's rare would make me vote "NO" about getting it.

All the more reason you should wait. You want to risk putting a rare fish in a newly set up tank, that won't be properly cycled by the time he arrives? That makes no sense. The fact that it's rare would make me vote "NO" about getting it.
You don't understand I'm not ordering it now I will let the tank cycle and get ect, ect I would never put a fish in a tank that isn't ready for the fish.

Why not just get a 30g then. According to Liveaquaria, that's the minimum requirement. That's just a little bit more. That way you don't have to stress about waiting until Christmas. And you realize it's a semi-aggressive fish, right? Since you're putting it in first, you'd have to watch what else you put in the tank with it because this fish will rule the tank.

Why not just get a 30g then. According to Liveaquaria, that's the minimum requirement. That's just a little bit more. That way you don't have to stress about waiting until Christmas. And you realize it's a semi-aggressive fish, right? Since you're putting it in first, you'd have to watch what else you put in the tank with it because this fish will rule the tank.

Because I don't have the money and I already bought a 20 gal. before this plan.

I am REALLY new,
but I can't help but throw in my .02
I don't think that you should rush to get a "rare" fish that I see online all over the place (I could be doing it wrong... but they appear to be for sale everywhere) to put it in a tank that hasn't been setup yet. Even if its free, why risk it? you can just get one later and have a nice home already established.

its a cool looking fish... no doubt,

Back