T5 Bulb Selection Help!

call them they will help out alot. if you like a 14k look. i would get 3 ATI aquablue+ bulbs. 2 ATI aqua blue special bulbs(they are like a 10k but dont have the yellow) and 1 GE 6500k

+1 James. Call and speak with Jeff? Not sure if that's his name as my brain is not working properly. You can't go wrong with a few ATI Blue + and a Fiji Purple. You may want to add a 6500k to balance out all that blue and help with growth.

Biff,you know I've been through this a dozen times on other threads.Call or email them on what you have(corals) and what you like to keep.Also tell them what look you are shooting for.

I love this look and has great PAR too
ATI Blue +(use the Nova bulb)
ATI Aquablue Special 12k
ATI Blue +
KZ Fiji Purple
UV Super Actinic
UV Aquasun 10k

But again,what I like maybe entirely different then you like.

One other thing.

You are use to white,blue,white,blue of the Nova's.Wait tell to mix it up even more.You will wonder why you didn't do it sooner.I was like ''holy cow'' the first time I changed them out.

It came acrooss as a penis,sorry.

I just didn't want you to go with my choices and comeback saying ""This sucks,it's too blue or not blue enough".I talked to guy named Greg there.

I just didn't want you to go with my choices and comeback saying ""This sucks,it's too blue or not blue enough".I talked to guy named Greg there.

Too late. I just ordered exactly the combo you recommended. It was also very similar to what James had recommended above, and I trust you guys! :lol: Hopefully the one lone Nova bulb won't crap it up!

Some bulbs made by UV,ATI,GE,KZ puts out a ton of PAR.As much as 50% more in some cases.

....but you are really asking about blue bulbs?The ATI blue+ bulbs although can be use as an actinic bulbs it still has daylight properties.So it puts out a ton of PAR,according to some test on RC,the highest PAR of any bulb including true daylight bulbs.Why waste money on actinics that do nothing(except for looks) when you can replace it with something corals can use.

Well my lights came in today... And all I've got to say is WOW!! My tank has never looked so good before. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! My corals are positively glowing under these new bulbs!

I will take new pics tomorrow -- right now all the corals are closed up because they were in the dark while I was switching them out. FOOLED THEM!

That's good to hear!

On last time for the road.......haha!

On a side note:
UGHHHHHHHH!I ordered three pyramids and a red mandarin from Live Aquaria,all I'm getting is one lousy red mandarin in my shipment.The pyramids were in stock when I purchased them.Like I said-UGHHHHHHHHHH

Back