1 week cycle?

dannyboy

PLUHH
I know first answer is no, but here's my situation. 30 lbs uncured live rock, 20 lbs live rock from my stable 56G tank, and 20 gallons dirty water from my 56. I threw in chopped clam fish food to rot. I had high nitrite 2 days ago and now test 0 ammonia/0 nitrite/20 nitrate. Can a tank cycle that fast or has it not really started its cycle? Never tested ammonia till today. 125G mdt, 75g sump/fuge. Thanks

I've seen tanks that never had a cycle. I've seen them have just a trace of ammoina for about a day then done, and I've seen cycle for a couple of months. Every tank is different.
So the answer to your question is yes. Tanks can cycle that fast. With enough thought and planning, you can even set up a tank and not have to worry about a cycle at all.

also, some of the rock from my established tank has tons of little red "feather dusters" who all still are alive in new tank. Dunno if they are tough guys or the tanks cycle is done. Don't worry, I wont add anything living till I know for sure.

Are those the little white thing with a small red thing in the middle? They'll go in and out when something swings past.

Back