10 gal tank filtration

check ebay for a ro/di filter as for nitrates keep doing water changes until you get down under 20 and the brown algae they are diatoms they will go away on there, just part of cycling a new tank

thanks Emmett. So I see it says gallons per day... how many gpd should be good or big enough for my 10 gallon.. Also is it difficult to set up an ro/di system? does it need to be near a faucet bcuz my tank isn't that close to a faucet

i have mine in the bath room and a 30 gal drum i keep full i got a 36 gpd just think ahead to if you get a bigger tank down the road but you can always change the membrane and up size and as far as install they are easy here is a link to see for your self [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72YxRQpkiXU&list=PL26FB92100314903F&index=6]5 Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking and Reef Water System Instructions - Bulk Reef Supply - YouTube[/ame]

Distilled water is different then spring or drinking water, you'll be fine using it for your tank. With just a 10g I'm not sure how cost effective an RO/DI would actually be. When I just had a 28g I was using strictly distilled for it.

+1 with bl1 with the distilled water. ro/di filters i have seen on ebay for about 50 bux that is a small portable one but the choice is yours

Brian, when I read "a bottle of water", I assumed drinking water. If not, then yes, regular distilled is fine.

You can also find full size RO/DI units for $100-120, I think, if not, I saw one for $160 the other day when I was looking.

Brian, when I read "a bottle of water", I assumed drinking water. If not, then yes, regular distilled is fine.

You can also find full size RO/DI units for $100-120, I think, if not, I saw one for $160 the other day when I was looking.

No worries, I just read through the whole thread and his post did specify distilled that's why I threw it in there

I top off with distilled water everything every day... I get a bottle of drinking water and poke a hole in the cap and slowly let it drip into my tank till I get it back to the right water level

Maybe I though distilled water and then drinking water contradicted. Hell, I don't remember, I already forgot what I needed to do tonight!

...probably top off my tank....

thanks guys... I think it would be better for me to just get distilled water for top offs since it is just a 10 gallon tank.. I'll be posting a couple of pix of my tank soon so I can get you guys' input on how it's setup and see if u guys have any suggestions

Back