10 gal tank

Brian_G

overly obsessed
I have a 10 gal tank just sitting around and I was thinking about doing an anemone tank. Ive always wanted a nem in my main tank but I hate the idea of it parking right next to my prized corals. sooo I could put it on its own system.

orrr. what else could I do with a 10 gal?

a ten gallon would be very difficult for a nem.. they like super stable water and lots of light which are both challenges for a tank that size. i would turn it into a zoa garden or soft coral tank... maybe even an invert or frag tank... nems typically just complicate everything in my opinion. id love one also but im afraid hahah

yeah. I dont think stability will be too bad. I just plan on doing wc every week with quality sw. My 75 is quite stable even after moving it.

but i was just thinking that it would be better on its own, not risking anything else is it goes down.

You could keep it on its own there, what kind of nem were you thinking of? And do you have good enough lights?

I haven't gotten lights yet. I was thinkibg one of the 70w clip on halides or a 4 bulb t5 fixture.

I was just thinking a bta. But a ten gallon would be too small for a clown too, wouldn't it?

Clip on halide should give you the best results as far as lighting goes?

For a tank that small, I think it would be great. I also think JBJ has a Viper 150watt Halide light too. Check into that.

Back