10 gallon nano lighting

sluggerdood

Reefing newb
i want different lighting on my nano tank thats coral only. with my cheapo lights now the coral is slowly growing ...slowly....i want them to get huge fast lol what should i use? .. my galaxia in my nano is growing slower than the galaxia in my 55. so i know the lights need upgraded.

For best growth a 70 watt halide would be good, but they produce a lot of heat and use a lot of power. Probably your best bet is T5. They produce less heat and are more energy efficient than the halides, and are still very good for photosynthesis.

A MH fixture like the 70w HQI Viper is a good option for you. You could use T5s but they don't come in a length that will fit your tank.

I bought an Aquasun T5 HO 2 X 24 watt for my 10 and wish I had put the extra money into a 4 bulb fixture. For 60 bucks you cant beat it though.

ecoxotic maybe??? just google par38 aquarium LED. i can't believe they charge $120 for a par38. that bulb costs about $15 to manufacture.

if you can't find a cheaper par38 for aquarium use and you have money you don't know what to do with maybe consider an aqua illumations nano. it's might be a little overkill for 10g though.

Back