10 Gallon/Powerhead

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
I want to get a small powerhead for my 10 gallon reef. Which powerhead do you think I should get. I don't want to create a sandstorm, but I need more flow than just the filter.

Thanks.

Saw one on the display in a nano at LFS, seems to work ok, sales guy said it was " just good enough for what the nanao needed..." The corals in the tank were happy..

I know that I'm kind of hijacking someone else's thread, so I apologize ahead of time... but I need to elaborate on my question on the Koralia nano/ or 1 series. Hope no one minds...

Since I have a hex upright with a lot of LR in an upright column, I'm wondering which would be the best to get flow to the middle and bottom without creating a tornado in my tank.

Here's a few pics to give you an idea of my flow problem:

From the front:

front17.jpg

The right:

from_right.jpg

And the left:

from_left.jpg

I just switched to an aquaclear hob filter and obviously need to fix the flow issue. If I get the nano size (or the 1 size) , and put it toward the back, with the water stream 'bouncing' off one of the sides and upward, do you think that would be ok? (No tornado?)

I really can't think of any other way to do it.
Any suggestions are more than welcome!

Thanks again!

oh nooo, I'll try again!

They're not good pics, but at least hey give you an idea of my problem...

From the front:

front.jpg

From the left side:

fromright.jpg

From the right:

fromleft.jpg

There's pretty much a big mound of LR, with adeaquate spaces in it, but concentrated mostly toward the back of the tank. I tried to leave as much room as possible in the front area of the tank without closing up the rock, and leaving perches for corals, and caves for fish.

This was the best I could do. Now, I guess I have to figure out the flow.

Let me know what you think!

Back