100 gpd filter????

phuture1

Reefing newb
hi folks, i just got a nw ro/di filter from pure water club. i hooked it up last night. today i started makeing water. now this thing i supposed to be 100gpd but i can only get about 5 gal every three hours. would you guys be able to shed some lite in this gpd stuff. maeby i hooked it up wrong? how many gpd are you guys and girls getting from your filters? thanks.:question:

yeah mine doesnt do what its supposed to do but its hooked up under the sink so I dont think im getting a lot of pressure. I work with what I have.

Water temperature and water pressure has a lot to due with the rate of production. Does your RO/DI have a pressure gauge? What's the water pressure? If your water pressure is too low you could invest in a pressure pump and that would speed up your production rate.

I have a 100 gpd unit from Pure Water Club, and it takes about 8 hours to make 40 gallons, so it sounds like the problem is with your water pressure :(

I am in the same boat with water pressure. I was not aware of the temperature issue. should I be hooked up to the hot water line r/th cold?

I am in the same boat with water pressure. I was not aware of the temperature issue. should I be hooked up to the hot water line r/th cold?

No! don't hook it up to hot waterline. The filter membrane can only accept water up to a certain temp. I don't remember what it is and I'm too lazy to look it up but I know you can't run hot water to your RO/DI. You basically just have to deal with the decrease water temperature in the winter as there is no efficient way to warm the source water up a few degrees.

Here's a link to a cool calculator that you can use see how a change in temp/pressure affects your output. Some values I tried:

100 gpd membrane
50 psi source
55° water temp
66 gpd output

100 gpd membrane
50 psi source
65° water temp (10° temp increase)
80 gpd output (14 more gpd)

100 gpd membrane
90 psi source (simulating using a 8800 pressure pump)
55° water temp
126 gpd output (50 more gpd!)

Are all of the filters the same? Example: if you bought a RO/DI filter 3 years ago but dont know the brand and you want to change the filters for new ones do I need to know which brand I have or are all of the filters designed to fit inside the clear canisters for any RO/DI unit? If not then I think I might just spend the $100 and order a new unit.

Back