125 Gallon Reef Tank

AquaFX

Reefing newb
So the tank is still fairly in its infancy stage and working on some things to get it all the way completed the pics are about 3 weeks outdated but I will post what I've done after posting up till the time of the pics then when I get new pics I will update :)
So here's what I've got running so far:
125 Gallon, Live Rock, Sand (4 Fingers Deep for good filtration)
Approx. 10 - 20 different corals ( I will list them as I remember)
Cleaner crew (peppermint shrimp, snails, 2 brittle stars, hermit crabs)
Fish (Fire goby's, clown fish and cardinals)

The tank pic was taken approx. 9-10-13, after it had been set up for about a week.
The corals pic was about a week later.

I got really lucky because I got everything at one time the tank was an entire setup including the rock sand and water I kept everything so there was basically no acclimation time needed but I still wanted the tank to balance after being moved.
Tank 9-10.jpg
New Corals 9-10.jpg

Yea I was supposed to take some pics last night but never got around to it... I have a dual head wave maker in there now, however I don't have permission from the folks, they love the "waving grass" lol. However I have pulled most of it and now just have a few tufts. Question for you, does the hair algae help filter the nitrates?

Kind of? Nitrates are basically plant food, so they get used up by the hair algae, but then you have an algae problem.

So here is the updated pic, I have a lot more coral, you can see the dual heads on the left they are on a wave maker (I personally want to say is amazing! It brings everything alive) Sorry about the blur still working out the best way to take pictures of my tank. So you can see ive done a lot of reorganizing.
20130924_220007_zps8cbf1201.jpg

Some pics of the Corals, Mushrooms, and Fish I also have.
My handy Fragging work
20130924_220014_zpsc8675f8b.jpg

And one of my coolest corals that I like the nebulas
20130924_220319_zpsed5be50d.jpg

Those green palys with the pin stripes are fast growers too. I have a Colony of like 20P that I got a few months ago with only like 3P.

What fish do you have in the tank now?

So right now I have:
2 Clowns
2 Cardinals
and 5.. no now 3 Fire Gobys (they tend to find ways to jump to their deaths)

Those Green Palys really do grow fast those picks are AFTER I fragged one Rock with them all over it, they seem pretty darn hardy too they were almost growing underneath the rock with minimal light. Since, I have fragged that Rock they have already started dominating the discs and healed really nicely and its been about 2 - 3 weeks.

Back