180 gallons up in this!!!! NWKRC!

well i got a toadstool leather yesterday, traded that damn sailfin molly in and got something cool. I took a pic of it at the lfs all opened up so you all could see, then took a picture this morning. its still not quite 100 percent today.

toadstool.jpg

DSC01851.jpg

finally got my toadstool in a spot where it could get it to be happy and open up. geez in such a coral n00b. here is a shot of it with my sixline gettin curious

DSC01890.jpg

i had an '02 and then an '06 (not STI) and I loved them. Fast and fun, but I needed a truck so the REX had to go. :sad:

I still miss the turbo rush.

Hey i havent had an update in a while why? well as some know i am moving this month, it sucks. And on top of that I have a $100 credit at my LFS so Im planning on a really badass fish, maybe another angel doc...... but it will have to wait, i want as little stress as possible with the move so sadly im stuck. :sigh:

get a queen angel with that credit. your koran will get along with it. You could still go with that sweet french too, but for sure get another angel. I am up to five in my tank now and love every one of them. PLEASE get another angelfish. You could also go with a Passar (or King) angelfish. They are unique and are not seen much in tanks. Also a different family than your Koran so they will be fine. Just get a slightly bigger size.

-Doc

what one is the eaasiest to keep doc. not that I'm a wuss but I'm really trying not to promote fish that are difficult so more of them stay in the ocean. so in your opinion which ones are easiest and that's how ill make my decision :)

hmmm. that is a tough one. Easier in what respect? husbandry as far as hardiness or getting along with tankmates? the French is hardier than the queen, but not by much, and the queen will more than likely play nicer with your other fish. I say queen. That being said, it will totally depend on what size you get. sub-adults ship much better than adults or show fish, which is the pain about them, having to wait for them to tranform into their adult markings. Still, go with a 4-5 inch queen. Be careful not to get a townshend angel passed off as a queen. they are a mix of a blue and queen angel. Their colors as adults are quite muted. It is better to get either a blue or queen. For some reason they get shipped from time to time and fish stores will try to pass them off as queens. take a pic when you think you found the one and I will let you know.

-Doc

but I have super compulsive buying behaviors, and no dr marco hotline. could I really wait for you to reply on LR...... well I think I could. but it may be tough

in that case. try this link

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/aug2004/fish.htm

it will give you an eye for the difference. I have seen townshends as adults and they are muted, almost a pale grey-green to them. the yellow tends to be pale as well. It would be better to pick a specimen that has brilliant blue hue to him. the crown should also be clearly identified with full tail lobes as opposed to nipped off. the pics don't show it, but the queen will have a blue tint to the whole fish. just striking. good hunting

-Doc

Back