1st TEST RESULTS Biocube 29 newbee

you have gone throught your cycle correct?
since NO3 are the only ones that are high i would just do a water change
everything else looks good

How much water should I change I plan on adding some live rock in the next few days how aBout the algae growing I have should I remove with a small brush

oh i just noticed you also have a 10g lol

20-25% water change, and what kind of algae are you having?

your description says 1 week is that how long it took to cycle your tank? what all is in your tank?

also in regard to your question on another thread. if the tank you have has curbed corners thats a dead giveaway that its acrylic, plus if it scrathced by just using your scrubber ... yeah thats acrylic, best way to clean that is a paper towel

Last edited:
no i cant verify cause link is broke , copy and paste the IMG code to the thread and pic will pop in here instead of redirecting

also wait, im confused, you have a goldfish and a koi in a saltwater tank? those are freshwater fish and also kois are not for tanks they are pond fish doesnt matter if hes small he will outgrow almost any tank ,can grow up to 3 feet ,they need a minimum of 200 gallons

I have a biocube 29g I'm working on the koi is going to a pond is about 2inch that my other tank :-) New to photo bucket
96b6a446.jpg

im guessing that crust came with the tank, i would have adviced to clean it completely or as much as possible before you put any water in it . and yep thats hair algae just try and take out much as possible by hand , im not sure but you may have trouble later on with that old coralline on the back glass, hopefully someone else will chime in :D

Should I have my light on any time during the day just got back from vacation and they have been off for some time does that make a difference

IMO I would use a brush and scrub or pick as much as possible off the rock then put it in a bucket with a power head with fresh salt water. Empty the rest of the water and get rid of the sand. You can buy 20lb-30lb of sand cheep and if the rock is already live it will seed the sand. Buy a gallon of white vinegar mix half of it in the tank with tap water let it run through the pumps for a couple of days and scrub it out be careful that back wall could be plastic and then start over.. You will always ask your self if a problem happens could you have stopped it by starting over fresh. If you have the time and patience you will be rewarded in the future and not face the tank crash blues.

Back