2 heaters?

wontonflip

I failed Kobayashi Maru
Would it be bad to use 2 heaters in my tank? :D

I can't buy a stronger heater at the moment (need to wait until next payday...hehehehe) and my basement is currently too cold. My tank temp was fine until it got colder. My current heater is meant for 45-60 gallons (I have a 45g), and I had it it set to the middle and it was fine....but now that it's cooooold, I turned it all the way up and it's not heating the water as warm as I need it to be (my temp is now staying around 70 :shock: ). I have a couple of heaters, but they're for smaller tanks (one is for a 10 gallon, the other is for a 20 gallon). Would it help maybe if I hooked up the 10 gallon in my sump fuge? Any tips? I think my crabs are unhappy cuz it's not warm enough.

its actually better to run 2 or 3 heaters so in case one fails you will have a few others to help out i run 2 250 watt visitherm heaters in my 125 gallon, they cost 40 bucks at petco but if you order online at premiumaquatics.com there 19 bucks a piece. plus with 2 or 3 heater they won't kick on 2 long anyway cause with that many temp stays stable, if you wann do it right buy a 2 way ranco temperature controller also.

Ok...so even if I stick a less powerful heater in with the powerful one, it's ok? It won't blow the weaker heater? As for placement...where should I put them? Right now, my stronger one is dead center. Should I put them in opposite ends? And how about putting it in the sump, so that the water going through the return is warm?

If you want something cheap go to Aquatraders.com That is where I will be getting mine in the future. But if you want something that is more of a name brand go to Docterfoster and smith.

i just got a heater from forster and smith it was on sale so it was only $11... i havent received it yet but ive heard good things about it, its called Stealth something i forget

+2 for D.
I got 2 heaters sitting in the sump of my 75.Dont remember what wattage they are,but they are keeping the tank between 76 to 78.

+3 with D.french.

You can places them side by side it doesn't matter really. Just as long as they are in a flow area and not a dead spot. I place them 1 at each end of the sump. I think D.french does this to.

i do, wish i could afford a ranco dual controller for extra insurance that heaters won't fail but i'm broke, darn economy has taken all my overtime.

Back