2 part question

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
Those of you who dose 2 part, do you find yourself having to use one of the supplements more than the other? Ex. using the DKH supplement more than the Calc. Also, what salt brand are you using if you need to make adjustments?

Thanks.

Thats why I dont like the 2 part additives.Because you'll eventually have to dose more of one to keep up with the other.
And I use Oceanic salt.Its high in calcium,but works great for my tank.

Holy smokes! Have you ever thought about just investing in a calc reactor?
No. I have no plans on investing in a ca reactor. 50 lbs of calcium costs me $14 and 15 lbs of baking soda is $5. It would take me a lifetime to use up as much as the cost of a reactor and all the associated equipment.

what does baking soda do for the tank? and my lfs has calcium block looking things, bout the size of a piece of ice out of an ice tray, what are these for?

Baking soda adds alkalinity to a tank. Raw baking soda will also slightly lower pH, while baking the baking soda (1hr @ 350) will slightly raise pH. Baking it drives out the extra co2 which is why it will slightly raise the pH.

I don't know about the calcium block thing. Who is it made by and what is the exact chemical compound?

i honestly dont know, they told me at the LFS that it feeds the coral and helps buffer the ph, im new to this so im not real sure. they also said it helps with the purple color on the LR

Back