20 gal. long!

On our older tank we had small eyes that we screwed dircectly into the plaster and used them as guides for zip ties. You can make you wiring follow and path you want to hide behind stand legs, etc. a pack of zip ties and the eyes were all of $4

If you get too much flow with the two 425's. lousy put them on a pulse controller and you'll have a nice back and forth motion for the corals. Like this one from amazon. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/JBJ-Ocean-Pulse-Alternating-Wavemaker/dp/B005ETKBAG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1374450639&sr=8-3&keywords=jbj+wavemaker]Amazon.com : JBJ Ocean Pulse Duo Alternating Wavemaker : Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

On our older tank we had small eyes that we screwed dircectly into the plaster and used them as guides for zip ties. You can make you wiring follow and path you want to hide behind stand legs, etc. a pack of zip ties and the eyes were all of $4
Hey that's a good idea! I just need that on/off rack to come in to see how I'm gonna set it all up. I will take that idea from you if needed. Thanks

If you get too much flow with the two 425's. lousy put them on a pulse controller and you'll have a nice back and forth motion for the corals. Like this one from amazon. Amazon.com : JBJ Ocean Pulse Duo Alternating Wavemaker : Patio, Lawn & Garden
Wow those are a lot less then the Hydor ones. I will definitely buy that if necessary.

you could take a black sheet/curtain/cloth and trim it with those cool leg angles and use it as a backdrop to hide the cords. I also hate that cords!

So my power strip rack came in today. Super pleased with the quality of it. Now just waiting on my lights!

The box that was inside the shipping box. Wife tore it all up before I could take a picture.

Power strip out the box.

[
The power strip plugged in and switches on. I tested all 8 and they all work great. Pretty pleased with for $17 with free shipping. It is pretty light weight, compared to what I thought it was gonna be.

Back of power strip were you plug your equipment in.

Hey man, I like the idea of that switch rack.. I think you're going to have a pretty slick setup. Keep updating!

I appreciate it. I can't wait to get it wet. I just now placed my order on the rest of the stuff I need.
- API master test kit
- refractometer
- cobalt 100 watt heater
Also STILL waiting on my lights to come supposed to be shipped out this week. Start up is coming soon. But not soon enough haha

For sure! Once I get a few more paychecks in me ill be able to get some good equipment for my new tank, including a refractometer and hopefully the stuff needed to build my own sump. That'd be awesome.

For sure! Once I get a few more paychecks in me ill be able to get some good equipment for my new tank, including a refractometer and hopefully the stuff needed to build my own sump. That'd be awesome.

It is a expensive hobby, but really worth it!

Look what came in today not too exciting. Still waiting on the most important things to arrive, my light and my heater. This is a good start though.

This is a $23 dollar refractometer of amazon had pretty good reviews. I will let you guys know how it does. The packaging was great! It came with a hard case, droppers, and a adjusting screwdriver to zero it out. Not gonna be very tricky for me, seeing how I work on icy machines and use a refractometer that measures sugar.

Got my heater in the mail so ran to store to get water. That cobalt heater is slick super thin and the temperature setting is super easy. My tank is now wet! Now I just need my lights to come in. So far one complaint I have with reef breeders is how long it takes to ship.
( sorry for the crappy iPad photos)

Last edited:
It's been running since 8-2-13 I went to grocery store the same day to get a raw shrimp. Today I took the almost disenagrated shrimp out.
---On 8-3-13 did my first test:
Ph- 8.0
Ammonia- 0.25
Nitrite- 0.25
Nitrate- 5.0
---On 8-5-13 I did another test:
Ph- 8.2
Ammonia- 1.0
Nitrite- 2.0
Nitrate- 20ppm
---8-7-13 results:
Ph- 8.2
Ammonia: 1.0
Nitrite: 2.0
Nitrate: 20ppm
---8-12-13 results:
Ph- 8.0
Ammonia- 0-0.25 can't tell
Nitrite- 2.0
Nitrate- 40 ppm
Here is a pic. as it sits right now.

Last edited:
lets see some pics of the fish you put in there!! I really like that LED fixture, how much did that one cost and do you have the dimensions??

also does it have separate cords for blues/whites for timing

The Led fixture is a reef breeder it was $179 shipped. The dimensions are 16" long x 8.5" wide, x 2.5" tall and has two power cords one forvwhites one for blues. They are also dimmable and have mine plugged into two different timers. They are working great and just bought my first corals and seem to be doing great.

Back