20 Gallon Reef Fish

Al Vance

Reefing newb
Hello:
Looking at adding something to tank. I have 2 Clowns and a Small Tang (Hippo). I ad a watchman goby but he disappeared. It is filled with coral and 2 anemones. Any ideas, could I keep a mandarin goby or a cleaner wrasse of some sort.
Also thinking about a cleaner shrimp for sure.
Please tell me any ides

i wouldnt ad any more fish, and also you need to take get rid of the hippo tang small or not. shouldnt be in a 20 gallon tank. once you take the hippo out. i would say yes you could add a mandarin.

+2 on the tang.Even a 2 inch regal tang ( hippo ) needs a 6ft tank to really be happy.
Maybe trade the tang for a pair of purple firefish.

+2 on the tang.Even a 2 inch regal tang ( hippo ) needs a 6ft tank to really be happy.
Maybe trade the tang for a pair of purple firefish.

Wow, yall were much more aggressive with some of the others with bigger tanks who had a tang...I expected to see a skinning knife... :mrgreen:

Yeah I have another tank for him to go to.
I bought as a baby like quarter inch big piece of flake food.
My friend is going to trade for a flame angel. he has a 125 with a few tangs
I can't catch him though. Very difficult.

Yeah I have another tank for him to go to.
I bought as a baby like quarter inch big piece of flake food.
My friend is going to trade for a flame angel. he has a 125 with a few tangs
I can't catch him though. Very difficult.

:claphands Wow....someone who's not going to duke it out about the merits of keeping a tank in a small tank.

Firefish are nice...just make sure you have a lid! They're jumpers (luckily, neither of mine have jumped, and one of mine is in a lid-less 125g). *knock on wood*

Back