29 gallon biocube fixing

chris9tian1

Reefing newb
Ok so i have a 29 gallon biocube. could anyone give me a few ideas on how i could make the tank more efficient or should i seriously get rid of it and use a 10 gallon instead? ANY ideas will help. thank you all for your time

I have been thinking since i posted this and was wondering if it was possible to dismantle the hood of the biocube and put it over my 10 gallon tank. If anyone has any idea about this i need help

You can take the hoods off rather easily, well that is what I have been told. I've never actually done it. I have the 29 gallon LED so I'm pretty happy with it.

Yeah, that wouldn't make any sense to downsize, especially in a hobby where a small tank is much harder to keep stable.

And what do you mean by 'more efficient?' What problems are you having with the biocube?

I am planning on downgrading because i do not have money to keep a 29 gallon running at this time. I have had success with 10 gallons before. I believe i have found my solution. i sawed off the front and back of the biocube hood and placed it over my 10 gallon tank. now i have little over 3.6 watts per gallon of each of the lights. this is enough for my invert and coral only tank

ok now i have a new question. I completely took apart to biocube hood and made myself a new hood that fits on my 10 gallon. so i still have the 2-36 watt lights. Is there anyway i can get another light on there for cheap?

ok now i have a new question. I completely took apart to biocube hood and made myself a new hood that fits on my 10 gallon. so i still have the 2-36 watt lights. Is there anyway i can get another light on there for cheap?

You would need another ballast, some end caps, and new bulbs. Some reflectors if you wanted them

It would probably cost 40-50 dollars without the bulbs.

I ditched the stock hood and put a 150 watt Sunpod over my Biocube 29.

I pushed out the false bottom in chamber 1 and put my heater in there. I broke the little piece of plastic between chamber 1 and 2 to get better flow into chamber 2. I scraped the black paint off the back of chamber 2 and filled chamber 2 with cheato. I have a bag of carbon in the bottom of chamber 2 on the lower grate. I replaced the stock pump with a Rio 6hf for better flow. I put a loc line on the chamber 3 output that separates into two spouts. I have a Koralia 1 in the back lower corner of the main display that pushes water under the rock. Much of my rock is propped up on hidden PVC pipe. I do not run a protein skimmer.

My 'trates are zero.

Back