29 gallon reef stocking suggestions

fjoanne

Reefing newb
I have had a 29 gallon reef running for about 3 years and have 2 fish in there. A banggai cardinal and a helfrichi firefish. I have been thinking of adding one more fish but can't decide on one. I like the midas blenny but have heard they nip at the fins of firefish mostly when they are in a smalller tank. I also like fairy and flasher wrasses but get mixed messages about the size tank they should go in. I really want a fish that won't make my firefish hide all the time or worse start nipping at my $100 fish.
I don't want a clown all they do is stay in the same area of the tank all the time I would like one that doesn't hover and actually swims around the tank.
any suggestions?

the golden assessor is cool I wonder what kind of personality he has I have another possible fish to add to my list thank you.
I love the tail spot as well I am a little worried to put him in though cause one of my books say although they are very peaceful the author has seen him ripping firefish fins so I'm a little scared to try him out (fish are so hard to get out once you put them in your tank.)
Another site suggested a longfin wrasse I really like the way they look but haven't done any research on them yet. does anyone know anything about them or the assessor?
so far I have a list of possibles
1 longfin wrasse
2 McCosker wrasse
3 Golden Assessor
4. some kind of blenny
5 some kind of goby
any reasons why one of these wouldn't work in my set up?
sorry about all the questions just want to make sure my other fish and the new one will get along great. this will also be my final fish in this tank so just want to be sure.

but that firefish really didn't fit in his mouth. I guess they will eat anything.
so do you think with them kinda growing up together they would be okay or should I seperate them. Is this a common problem with cardinals?

Back