29Gal tank

Ok so just a quick update we purchased a black clown today and a couple more pieces of live rock. The clown we got is pretty tiny. Definitely a young one and that worried me but we let the bag float and the bigger fish did ok we then swapped and put the bigger clown in the bag and floated him while the small one swam around then we introduced the big clown back in and although the small black one follows him around everywhere he seems to not be to aggressive toward him even with the large difference in size. I have some pictures of the fish and the new rock I'll post later. I also got some joes juice to kill that nasty apitasia. Once again thanks for all the advice and I'll get pics up when I can so you all can see what your helping me create.

With clowns, the larger the size difference, the more likely they will get along. If you get a new clown that is the same size as the other one, the chance that they will fight goes up enormously.

If they are two different sizes to begin with, the large one already knows it's dominant and the small one already knows it's submissive. So then they don't fight it out to be the dominant one.

When buying a new clown, you should always get it much smaller than your existing clown.

I'm ready for some pics! Everything looks great...I love looking at other small tanks! I'm curious to see what other fish you get because i can never decide what I want to have in mine either...your choices are definitely limited in the small aquarium though...

Alright finally found time to throw some pictures on here of the new clown as well as the new live rock.

photo2.jpg

photo.jpg

Thank you all for the compliments. The black ones are my favorite too. I think this will be it on fish for a bit. Now I'm gonna focus on some new lighting and venture into corals a little bit to give the tank some color. Of course that will be a little while gotta save some money and do some more research about keeping corals. Once agai thanks for all the advice. Thus site has made this hobby much easier for me.

Well Its been quite awhile since ive been on here and i am sad to say thats because both of our clowns died. After that happened everything was turned off and the tank just sat. We had no plans of continueing the hobby after losing 3 fish. However we think the fish died due to the water getting to cold since we had no kind of heater. Now i knew that a heater was needed but it was never really stressed to me just how important it was. Our water tested fine and our salinity was spot on yet all the fish were slow to move around when the light would come on of the morning but once the house warmed up during the day they would move and become active, so it made sense to me that it was the temp of the water.

Well i come home from work the other day and my fiance had bought a heater and a Mocha Clownfish and surprised me for christmas. So far he is doing wonderfully and ill get a picture up as soon as possible. Talk abut a great christmas surprise and im very excited to be back into the hobby.

Back