2nd day of cycling

jcegt87

Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!
my lvls are still good no increase

i added(i hope the people that told me not to dont get offended) a yellow belly damcel hes swimming good he didnt die lol:sfish:he seems very happy water is perfect
i used watermill express water
http://www.agilitynut.com/05/1/watermill.jpg

its been great just a PAIN getting the jugs 20steps :whoopee!:but it is well worth it

salinity- 1.020
pH 8.1
nitrate 0
nitrite 0

when should i expect the changes to start

i dont think the cycle starts right away. i put a damsel in my tank too to start my cycle, and he is still swimming in hear today.

My ammonia levels started increasing 3-4 days after I put my live rock in the tank...it is almost 3 weeks this next Tuesday and my nitrites and nitrates have yet to come down. I am testing later tonight or tomorrow morning before work as I promised myself no testing over the weekend because it was depressing me everytime I tested and levels were still to high...my ammonia has been at zero for the last 7-10 days but nitrites and nitrates are still high.

It is going to vary from tank to tank based no a number of different factors but in general I've seen the 2-3 week timeframe thrown out there as a good rule of thumb for the most part.

I have a similar size tank to yours and my cycle started after 3 days or so. I tested every day until i confirmed all levels at 0. It took about 3-4 weeks until completion.

your going to have a fun time getting that damsel out of there... Why would you be worried about getting it out? My friend just wondered that before a blue and yellow damsel almost slaughtered his clown fish in 15 seconds, they are impossible to catch too...

your going to have a fun time getting that damsel out of there... Why would you be worried about getting it out? My friend just wondered that before a blue and yellow damsel almost slaughtered his clown fish in 15 seconds, they are impossible to catch too...

hum....... challenge accepted

Good luck with the damsel.Maybe it wont kill TOO much of your other stuff once you reallt start stocking the tank.

I put 11 yellow tailed damsels in my 125 and a year later I only had to catch 4. They are mean little bastards. They didn't bother anything else but each other.

It hasnt started cycling yet. It will be weeks. The fish will help but you will want it out of there when you start adding things you really like. They are extremely difficult to catch

Re: 5th day of cycling

lvls are rising yey fish is still alive and everything seems ok i did add some kent marine products um well thats about it laters:bounce::^:

Dont use either untill your cycles done.
Then dont use the liquid reactor unless your calcium is low.
If you start just adding this and that without testing you'll end up killing everything in there.

tommorow will be my 6th day of cycling my parameters are still high and im waiting for the skimmer to arrive my question is should i plug in the UV sterelizer

also just another kindda off topic question i have so many plugs to plug into my surge protector what kind of surge protector do yall use

:^::trampolin

No need to turn on UV. As for surge protectors I use two. One is a heavy duty one the other one is Coralife (think thats the name not sure)with timers that I use mainly for my lights. Most just use regular timer with a power strip.

I use the heaviest duty power strip that Home Depot sells. It's called a "shop strip" or something and is made to handle power tools and equipment.

thanks biff found it and wow it didnt cost an arm and a leg

anyways today is the 6th day of cycling

my parameters are as follows:twocents:

alkalinity-high (i dont quite get this do i need to pay importance to this one):question:

NO2- 0.2 ppm

NO3-(on the test it has two rangesr so yeah) Low Range 5.0ppm and High Range which is the one i go by is 25ppm

ammonia-(im confused here:shock:) it says 0 nada zip zero and i used both tests the strips and the marine lab liquid thingy shouldnt it be going up or is the LR keeping it down:11:

pH-8.4

and my salinity lvl is still the same 1.020

so is it good so far or...........:pooh:

and im exited i checked the tracking on my skimmer that i ordered from marinedepot.com and its almost here yey should be here tommorow or saturday

OH BTW HAPPY VALENTINES DAY

Last edited:
Back