30g YEAH BUDDY ;D

Djr

Reefing newb
Hey guys, ive had my tank for a little over 1.5 years and i absolutely love it. I got into this hobby because of my marine science class and made sure before i started i knew the chemistry behind it and all the aspects that go into having a saltwater aquarium.

My tank specifications:
- 30 gallon long main tank
- 20 gallon sump/refugium
- 2 korelia 750 gph
- overflow box
- 550 pump (pumps water to the top)
- protein skimmer (looks bad, but it does a very good job IMO)
- UV sterilizer
- 60lbs of liverock
- 40lbs of live sand on maint tank (20lbs on refugium)
- 250w metal hallide light with 4 blue Actinic lights and 4 LED moonlights

Inhabitants:
INVERTABRATES-
- astrea snails
- redleg hermit crabs
- blueleg hermit crabs
- electric hermit crabs
- serpent starfish
- nassarius snail
- margarita snail or mexican turbo snail (cant remember :( )
- tuxedo sea urchin
- long tentacle anemone
- one feather duster
- 2 peppermint shrimp

CORALS-
- torch coral
- frogspawn
- hammer coral
- ricordea mushroom
- kenya tree
- pink sponge
- duncan's
- BIG toadstool lol
- Alot of red mushroom
- xenia

FISH: Its a mature tank so i know it probably is overstocked but the fish and overal the whole tank have been doing amazing and ihave not had a fatality in 1 year
- 2 ocellaris clownfish
- pygmy angelfish
- blenny
- hector goby
- BLUE TANG (BEFORE you yell at me lol its a small tang and i have an agreement with the LFS here in cape cora. I raise one small blue tang until it reaches a med-small size and then i give it to them because they sell those very quickly. The LFS here usually keeps the blue tangs in like a 10inch cube thing and we both came into an agreement that one blue tang would do better in my tank then in theirs. SO once it grows alittle more i will give it back to the LFS and they will give me another small one bc i have done this already for six months and have had 0 blue tangs die in my tank while the LFS have had aroudn 23 die in their small cube tank :\)

PICS:

TANK
View attachment 16834

TOADSTOOL
View attachment 16835

LONG TENTACLE ANEMONE
View attachment 16836

KENAY TREE & FROGSPAWN
View attachment 16837

TORCH & HAMMER
View attachment 16839

FEATHERDUSTER
View attachment 16838

RICORDEA
View attachment 16840

HECTOR GOBY
View attachment 16841

ONE CLOWNFISH AND THE BLUE TANG
IMG_1339[1].jpg

DUNCAN
IMG_1343[1].jpg

XENIA & MUSHROOM
IMG_1344[1].jpg

ZOANTHIDS
IMG_1347[1].jpg

REFUGIUM
IMG_1348[1].jpg

PROTEIN SKIMMER
IMG_1349[1].jpg

UV STERILIZER
IMG_1350[1].jpg

TANK AGAIN
IMG_1351[1].jpg

SERPENT STARFISH
IMG_1352[1].jpg

BLUE LIGHTS ON :D
IMG_1355[1].jpg
IMG_1356[1].jpg
IMG_1357[1].jpg

Tank
IMG_1330[2].jpg

toadstool
IMG_1331[2].jpg

long tentacle anemone
IMG_1332[1].jpg

kenay tree & frogspawn
IMG_1333[1].jpg

torch & hammer
IMG_1334[1].jpg

featherduster
IMG_1335[2].jpg

ricordea
IMG_1336[1].jpg

hector goby
IMG_1337[1].jpg

Thank you, i fell in love with that torch :D and i have a feeling the tang police will come soon, but hopefully they understand :)

Really like your tank. Your pictures are great! I like the arrangement you have with your LFS, too! Great idea!

Really cool but yeah tangs need a lot more room. Some say at least 75 gallons but personally I would say at least 125. They need a lot of room to swim, even when they're small. Your gonna hear this alot.

Thank you guys!
Cheeser i completely agree with you and your 100% right, the thing is that its pretty mean letting these fish suffer in a 10inch cube box at the lfs. I like having this agreement because its gives me the ability to see these magnificent fish live in my tank and at the same time gives me the chance to save one fish from dying :\

Welcome aboard. Your tank looks great!
I agree that the arrangement you have is better than letting them die in a tiny cubical thing. Apparently your LFS needs to invest in better holding tanks for their livestock...

It's been a long time since i've made an update lol. My tank is doing amazing! I've trade y scooter blenny for a sixline wrasse and my arrangement with my lfs is going great i have raised three blue tangs (at different times) from a tiny size to a small medium size and none have died and now each of them are in perfect tanks for them. My corals have also grown a lot and my huge long tentacle anemone got so big that i had to trade it for a smaller one lol. Im gonna post some pictures so you guys can tell me what you think :D Thanks
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg