35gal process and changes

I am using Loctite clear silicone. It says that it sets up in 2 hours and cures in 24. According to the package. I just did a leak check and had 2 small leaks. I have dried it up and applied a bit more. I will check it again tonight.

excelent!,

hey, just a thought, and this is one of thoes, hey its better to ask the question now, rather than finding out the hard was later on...

i'm not familiar with the locktite brand of clear silicone, so i have to ask the question, does that have the anti-bacterials in it?

Update for the day
The new sump is in and the overflow is working. :bounce:
It is a bit noisey so I think I need to cap it. I remember seeing a post on it somewhere so I will search for it. The scrubber is in and running. All seems to be good. I am still a bit uneasy with the possible overflow overflowing so tomorrow I will be testing power failures and loosing syphon, Also bought a pair of clowns today. Couldn't help it. Had not had any fish for a long time. :Cheers:

tank11-14-09a.jpg

sumpinstalled.jpg

scrubberinstalled.jpg

Are they evil clowns? I had one used to nip my arm whenever I went in the tank, evil clown he was. The tank looks great!

I think I got the noise thing licked. After doing some research I decided to build a gurgle buster. It cost around $2 to build and took all of 15 minutes. I have a couple pics to show how simple it is. It has reduced the noise so well I can barely hear the drain now. It is as quite if not more that the old whisper HOB filter I had on the tank.

noisereducer3.jpg

noisereducer.jpg

I would like to give full credit for this to the location I found it. Mods, please give your thumbs up as it is another forum where I located this info. Don't want to neglect any rules or upset the balance of the universe.

Will load some pics soon, but wanted to put an update in. I am starting to get more bubble algae breaking out. :frustrat:
All measurements are normal.
Phos = 0
cal = 380
Amonia, nitrate, nitrite all 0
PH = 8.0 - 8.1 (hard to tell)
temp = 77 lights off, 79 lights on

So, I have added two emerald crabs, 6 turbo snails, 3 nar snails and 5 more pounds of LR. My algae scrubber is growing some good green stuff now, but I think my lights on the scrubber are causing hair algae to break out in my sump. I am thinking of moving the scrubber to outside the sump or eliminating it and going with a skimmer. Not sure yet. If I move it to outside the sump I will most likely add a skimmer also. Problem is how to disguise it outside the stand. I may have to build an enclosure that looks like an endtable or something. Hmmm...:question:

Back